• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA lightning strike that wasn't???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that thing isn't a total loss, I'm sure it's gonna smell great once they get it put back togeather and overhauled. Mmmmmm, the smell of electrical smoke and burnt plastic- how nice!

The rumor is that they've found a new wire bundle and that they are planning on putting the plane back together and back in service.

I don't wanna be the first to fly that plane.

Is it still in TLH or did they fly it back unpressurized

The hole is the smallest of the problems. The real problem is that every system associated with Panel 1 is disabled. Plus every wire bundle over the crown of the aircraft most likely has heat damage. Most wire bundles like this run the entire length of the aircraft. This aircraft will need the entire interior replaced. Add up all the work and the fact it was one of our first RJ's and I'd have to say it's worth more in parts and beer cans.

The hole is the smallest of the problems. The real problem is that every system associated with Panel 1 is disabled. Plus every wire bundle over the crown of the aircraft most likely has heat damage. Most wire bundles like this run the entire length of the aircraft. This aircraft will need the entire interior replaced. Add up all the work and the fact it was one of our first RJ's and I'd have to say it's worth more in parts and beer cans.
two words: wire splice.

you'd be shocked how much damage can be repaired and fly the plane away.

Latest resources

Back