asa lec elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FishandFly

Is the new election automatic because a bunch of guys lost re-election or did they choose to not have those positions any longer?

Is the new election automatic because a bunch of guys lost re-election or did they choose to not have those positions any longer?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but if you're wondering why you may have just received a "ballot notice", I shall explain.

Each LEC has its reps for a set term. The current reps' terms end on the last day of February of 2013. (I think) So elections were just held and the winners determined. Some of the current reps chose not to run. (Hale and Viars I think) Anyway, the winners were tallied and announced.

Now you're getting a new ballot asking you to select the Chair, Vice Chair and Sec/Tres from the winners. It's a slightly confusing ballot so read carefully. It will ask you to name your choice for the chair. Then it will give scenarios for Vice Chair and Sec/Tres based on winners of the other offices.

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but if you're wondering why you may have just received a "ballot notice", I shall explain.

Each LEC has its reps for a set term. The current reps' terms end on the last day of February of 2013. (I think) So elections were just held and the winners determined. Some of the current reps chose not to run. (Hale and Viars I think) Anyway, the winners were tallied and announced.

Now you're getting a new ballot asking you to select the Chair, Vice Chair and Sec/Tres from the winners. It's a slightly confusing ballot so read carefully. It will ask you to name your choice for the chair. Then it will give scenarios for Vice Chair and Sec/Tres based on winners of the other offices.

Did you just refer to yourself in third person followed by "I think?" ?

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

The Man Who Counts

"
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man tumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust, sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Latest resources

Back