ASA latest info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

Of course we all know this changes on a HOURLY basis, so take it for whatever its worth.

Fresh out of recurrent last week and this is what we were told. We are getting 1 more 70 for DFW, and 2 more for ATL this year, and 8 more 50's for ATL. Next year, 15 more 70's, base to be determined, and thats it. Thats all of our confirmed orders. We have options for more, but once the options are confirmed to orders, it takes about 18 months to receive the airplane. However, we could get someone else's orders, if they decide not to take them. So right now, we are overstaffed and will be for awhile. In ATL alone we are getting rid of 15 EMBs and only getting 8 RJs to replace them. He speculated on hiring by next Spring at the earliest.
F.Y.I.

On that Us Aviation.com message board, someone claims they have an interview coming up this month. Interesting.

I believe the person on usaviation was interviewing for an FA position with ASA. I know we're still interviewing FA's. Other than a few pilot interviews in February, I haven't heard of any news on that front.

As far as the ASA RJ order goes, I think it's anyone's guess. The 18 month figure on exercising options doesn't seem right to me. We exercised 3 options during fall 02 for summer 03 delivery. If there is one thing that changes almost daily here at ASA, it's our fleet plan. The last fleet numbers I've heard tossed around (from the VP of Flt Ops) was 140 RJ's/19 ATR's by end of 05. With the current firm orders, ASA will have 123 RJ's (92 40/50 seaters & 31 70 seaters) by the end of 04. With the current 19 ATR's, that give a total of 142.

For those of you waiting to get on here, I wouldn't get too worked up over this stuff. I can remember Spring 02 we were told no more new hires for the year. Then all of the sudden we opened up the flood gates during the fall. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt and hope for the best!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back