ASA Jumpseat Priority on SkyWest UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bako Cap

I was looking at the new form and saw that ASA pilots get priority over UAX and UAL jumpseaters on SkyWest UAX flights. Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing. Now if we can just get one seniority list, that would be icing on the cake and sadly unlikely.

Kudos to MM (jumpseat coordinator) for doing the right thing for our ASA coworkers.

I was looking at the new form and saw that ASA pilots get priority over UAX and UAL jumpseaters on SkyWest UAX flights. Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing. Now if we can just get one seniority list, that would be icing on the cake and sadly unlikely.

Kudos to MM (jumpseat coordinator) for doing the right thing for our ASA coworkers.

Well, in fairness, it was a reciprocal deal with the ASA JS coordinator and MEC. We gave you guys priority assuming you gave us priority... it's a SkyWest thing not a Delta/United thing.

On ASA, the priority goes as follows: Company business, ASA pilot w/ reservation, ASA walk up, SkyWest, any DCI/DL, OAL. Keep in mind that unlike others, ASA is first-come-first-serve, not by DOH.

Furloughed SkyWest pilots also have preferential hiring at ASA, not that it will ever happen, but it's there if needed.

Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing.

true 'dat, despite all the pissing and moaning that lead up to it.

MM does tons of work, a good dude indeed.

Furloughed SkyWest pilots also have preferential hiring at ASA, not that it will ever happen, but it's there if needed.

Complete BS on that one. Should either side furlough, the furlough-ee should simply move to the other certificate and find his/her seniority based on DOH.

Complete BS on that one. Should either side furlough, the furlough-ee should simply move to the other certificate and find his/her seniority based on DOH.

I agree... but how do you get SkyWest management to sign off on that? They'd rather hire somebody on year 1 pay.

I agree... but how do you get SkyWest management to sign off on that? They'd rather hire somebody on year 1 pay.

....same way you get everything else in the contract....Negotiations....It has to be a priority however and it will cost capital....

How did Eagle, CHQ, and Mesa get single lists? It must be possible.....

Yeah, I found that jumpseat priority thing a surprise. Just wait till a United 747 captain gets booted from the jumpseat by an ASA pilot on a UAX flight. Makes things kind of interesting.

Yeah, I found that jumpseat priority thing a surprise. Just wait till a United 747 captain gets booted from the jumpseat by an ASA pilot on a UAX flight. Makes things kind of interesting.

Tough. Connection carriers are not mainline, and should have control over their own seats. I've given my jumpseat a few times to Delta pilots b/c they had earlier duty-ins, but I've recently been bumped from mainline rather rudely, so no more. If it is rightfully my seat, I'm taking it.

I thought the same thing. But, as far as I am concerned, ASA pilots are coworkers at my company and my company goes first.

Latest resources

Back