• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA Jumpseat Priority on SkyWest UAX

Bako Cap

Total Time
I was looking at the new form and saw that ASA pilots get priority over UAX and UAL jumpseaters on SkyWest UAX flights. Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing. Now if we can just get one seniority list, that would be icing on the cake and sadly unlikely.

Kudos to MM (jumpseat coordinator) for doing the right thing for our ASA coworkers.

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
I was looking at the new form and saw that ASA pilots get priority over UAX and UAL jumpseaters on SkyWest UAX flights. Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing. Now if we can just get one seniority list, that would be icing on the cake and sadly unlikely.

Kudos to MM (jumpseat coordinator) for doing the right thing for our ASA coworkers.

Well, in fairness, it was a reciprocal deal with the ASA JS coordinator and MEC. We gave you guys priority assuming you gave us priority... it's a SkyWest thing not a Delta/United thing.

On ASA, the priority goes as follows: Company business, ASA pilot w/ reservation, ASA walk up, SkyWest, any DCI/DL, OAL. Keep in mind that unlike others, ASA is first-come-first-serve, not by DOH.

Furloughed SkyWest pilots also have preferential hiring at ASA, not that it will ever happen, but it's there if needed.

SkyNation

U.S. American
Total Time
12:34
Another example that being "bought" by SkyWest INC. was not a bad thing.

true 'dat, despite all the pissing and moaning that lead up to it.

MM does tons of work, a good dude indeed.

Tarzan

Total Time
Furloughed SkyWest pilots also have preferential hiring at ASA, not that it will ever happen, but it's there if needed.

Complete BS on that one. Should either side furlough, the furlough-ee should simply move to the other certificate and find his/her seniority based on DOH.

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
Complete BS on that one. Should either side furlough, the furlough-ee should simply move to the other certificate and find his/her seniority based on DOH.

I agree... but how do you get SkyWest management to sign off on that? They'd rather hire somebody on year 1 pay.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
I agree... but how do you get SkyWest management to sign off on that? They'd rather hire somebody on year 1 pay.

....same way you get everything else in the contract....Negotiations....It has to be a priority however and it will cost capital....

How did Eagle, CHQ, and Mesa get single lists? It must be possible.....

ROSWELL41

Total Time
6000+
Yeah, I found that jumpseat priority thing a surprise. Just wait till a United 747 captain gets booted from the jumpseat by an ASA pilot on a UAX flight. Makes things kind of interesting.

ASA_Aviator

Total Time
Enough
Yeah, I found that jumpseat priority thing a surprise. Just wait till a United 747 captain gets booted from the jumpseat by an ASA pilot on a UAX flight. Makes things kind of interesting.

Tough. Connection carriers are not mainline, and should have control over their own seats. I've given my jumpseat a few times to Delta pilots b/c they had earlier duty-ins, but I've recently been bumped from mainline rather rudely, so no more. If it is rightfully my seat, I'm taking it.

Bako Cap

Total Time

I thought the same thing. But, as far as I am concerned, ASA pilots are coworkers at my company and my company goes first.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
I agree, well said. Hopefully they feel the same way.

I do....as do most....Some of the ALPA zealots don't....but nobody really pays attention to them anymore.....

ROSWELL41

Total Time
6000+
I was very pleasantly surprised to learn of this jumpseat priority. As a SkyWest pilot, I hope this may be the small start to some unity of the pilot group under the SkyWest Inc. umbrella. This agreement can only help to make all of our lives a little better.