• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What makes the "I had it worse than you" thing OK? Yes you did. Then people made it better. Things still needed to be fixed, so we strive for that.

Did you actually read the posts leading up to my reply, or are you just slow?

The point has been made REPEATEDLY that us senior folks don't understand how bad it is now...That dog won't hunt....

Things will always suck for people who are junior compared to those who are senior...That is one of those facts of life in this business. The best thing for someone who is junior is to become more senior..That happens when we get more airplanes.

Joe-

I prepared a long response, but I think this will pretty much sum it up:

-SHUT UP, YOU POMPUS GASBAG!

-Go and find some other battle to fight-our guys don't need some inane lecture about how your past supposedly sucked more than theirs!!

-How useless can you get? Go and find some RJDC literature to jerk off to!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:....oh and try not to :bawling:too much...

things don't have to suck for junior people if the company would change a few things..it's almost as if you enjoy the suffering of junior people

things don't have to suck for junior people if the company would change a few things..it's almost as if you enjoy the suffering of junior people

They will always "suck" compared to those who are senior. IMO, being a junior Delta pilot commuting to NYC on reserve "sucks" compared to my life.....You may disagree...

The best thing that can happen to junior people is to become senior...plain and simple. I have been here 16 years, and if there had been no growth, I would be a junior line holder. Instead, I am a senior line holder because of growth.

I don't "enjoy" anyone suffering...That is why I want to grow.

right, but why does it HAVE to suck? why not make reserve bearable? Just because it sucked for you back then why does it have to now? there are many things they could do-for instance using reserves for their intended purpose so we didn't work every single day and get that 4am wakeup call every day and get extended into 5 and 6 day trips because of hidden open time

right, but why does it HAVE to suck? why not make reserve bearable? Just because it sucked for you back then why does it have to now? there are many things they could do-for instance using reserves for their intended purpose so we didn't work every single day and get that 4am wakeup call every day and get extended into 5 and 6 day trips because of hidden open time

It's always going to suck compared to being a lineholder,and especially compared to a senior line holder......It sucks a lot less than it use to, but it still sucks compared to a senior line holder. Growth is your friend if you want a better QOL....If you want to hurt the company and complain all the time, then get used to reserve for a long time....Your choice...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:....oh and try not to :bawling:too much...

"Brand Scope"

-There, that should get you going! Time to get your little RJDC circle jerk session started... Take it away-Joe!

Last edited:
FWIW I have to agree with Joe that Erion was the worst person I've ever met and makes the entire current scheduling roster look great. She loved ruining people's lives and can't believe she never got a........... Wonder what she's doing these days???

There was a time when reserve was much better than junior lines. However, that was admittedly the result of an inefficient reserve system. Unfortunately it appears that which equates to an "efficient" reserve system really really sucks the big fat butt.

I can understand a bean counter saying we should get guarantee out of all pilots, including reserves, and that works fine when reserve is not a long term sentence. But given the stagnation recently experienced, the suck factor went off the charts, for those doing the sucking.

I imagine if things keep looking even slightly up with minor relative seniority movement until the age 65 hiring bubble pops, those who have sat reserve for the last two years will be telling our new junior guys to shut-the-fook-up and about how they sat reserve for how long and about they had to walk over to A-tech to move airplanes in a blizzard and blah blah blah!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back