• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July bidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed, mngmt has screwed the pooch trying to sell this to XJT. However, you guys think it's bad now? Wait until you see what the lines will like after the merger if we do go back to line bidding. The same stuff will happen and there will be fewer options to make it better. This is the new regional model, the days of guaranteed profits are over. I'm not saying I like it or that I agree with it. I am saying you're nuts if you think going back to line bidding will fix this.

As many of us tried to convince this pilot group:

-We simply should have fixed these obvious problems BEFORE we voted this horrible agreement in. We could have headed all this off at the pass. Now, we have one hell of a mess to fix, and I am not confident that our negotiators will fix anything.

I am afraid they will simply include more swiss-cheese language and tell all of us that we have protections which we simply don't. -Again

Last edited:
And like a big cherry on top.......next will be dual qualification........Yep.....that will fix ALL of our problems. That will be the next sell.

Wait until you see what the lines will like after the merger if we do go back to line bidding. The same stuff will happen and there will be fewer options to make it better.

If the new yet to be named company goes back to the way ASA handled line bidding, that would be correct.

If the new yet to be named company KEEPS the way XJT handles line bidding, the ILIW, and the SLIW, that would NOT be correct.

And ASA management desperately wanted to get rid of the old crappy line bid system and implement PBS. So much so they declared they would allow us to strike before they gave in if it came to it in a new negotiation. So, if the XJT system is the one we decide on bargaining for, why would they want that system? For those at XJT that say they won't or shouldn't have to give up anything to keep that system, that is not how negotiations work. Management is going to propose PBS, and we propose the XJT system. To get here, you give up there. The XJT system is probably the desired one to use for us. It will cost us to get it.

And like a big cherry on top.......next will be dual qualification........Yep.....that will fix ALL of our problems. That will be the next sell.

Common category flying, or dual qualification? I don't expect to be flying ERJs around, so you must mean common category. All of our variants are a common type rating.

I don't know if you are aware, but at ASA, a CRJ200 pilot cannot fly a CRJ700 or vice-versa. Dual qualification would allow this.

Do you understand now?

I don't know if you are aware, but at ASA, a CRJ200 pilot cannot fly a CRJ700 or vice-versa. Dual qualification would allow this.

Do you understand now?

Dual qualification typically refers to flying two different types.
I.e., flying a 757 and a 767 is not considered dual qualification.

Do you understand now?

Don't act like I'm the idiot when you don't know the difference between a common type rating (common category) and different type ratings (dual qualification).

We've been calling it the wrong thing at ASA. I guess we can't fault you for your ignorance...

Yeah, you're right. We should split hairs and argue over terminology instead of standing up to the attempt to erode our quality of life further.

But I suppose you think it's a good idea.

And ASA management desperately wanted to get rid of the old crappy line bid system and implement PBS. So much so they declared they would allow us to strike before they gave in if it came to it in a new negotiation. So, if the XJT system is the one we decide on bargaining for, why would they want that system? For those at XJT that say they won't or shouldn't have to give up anything to keep that system, that is not how negotiations work. Management is going to propose PBS, and we propose the XJT system. To get here, you give up there. The XJT system is probably the desired one to use for us. It will cost us to get it.

Why would it cost us anything to give up what we already have? It's more likely that it's going to cost ASA management something for us to consider PBS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back