ASA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CF34-3B1

It looks like ASA will begin running newhire classes in the next month or 2, with 1 class a month likely for the remainder of 2004.

Newhires are not required to resign their seniority if they are currently on furlough from another carrier.

The pay su*ks, the reserve system su*ks, (both issues being addressed in our ongoing negotiations) but the airplanes are good, the MX is good, the crews are some of the best in the business, and if you want to get back in the cockpit, it really is a good place to ride out the storm til you get recalled

I've had the pleasure of flying with a number of furloughed guys here over the past year or so, and every single one has expressed the same general opinion: "It's a regional job, with all that implys, and I knew that going in. But it still beats the heck out of not flying."

The ASA website has contact info for anyone interested.

www.flyasa.com

OR:

E-mail:
[email protected]

Fax:
404-763-8397
Attn.: Pilot Recruiting

Mail to:
ASA Pilot Recruiting
100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30354

Thanks for the post...and thanks to ASA for helping out furloughed pilots. What is entry level these days .... ATR ?

Since we are getting 15 CR7s in `04, I'm pretty
sure most will go to the CR7. That's the way
ASA has done in the past, so I doubt the trend
will change this year. First year pay is the same
for all 3 a/c ($19.02/hr).

I must've read that wrong... $19.02 an hour 1st year at ASA? Is that right??

What's 2nd year?

<What's 2nd year?>

From I.P. Freley, "what's 2nd year?"

Depends on the aircraft but the CR7 is $37.24.

Just got a call from ASA, they asked me a list of questions, one of which is: Are you on furlough?, from which airline?, do you have recall rights? My answer was YES...and if that wasn't enough she wanted to know how many hours I flew the last 12 month?? and my answer to that one was ZERO.....
I guess I will never hear from them again

Probably so. I've heard that currency is a big
factor. They don't care if you remain current
in a 152 or a 737, just as long as you are flying.
I think the currency requirement is 100 hours in
the last 6 months.

I wish you luck in the future.

The furloughed with recall rights question isn't going to keep them from hiring you unless something has changed since the last batch of newhires.

I was just in a recurrent ground class with 4 FOs, all furloughed from a major with recall rights.

Unfortunately, from what I've heard, they ARE looking for current (in whatever) , not sure exactly how heavily it's weighed in the decision process.

Best of luck.

I was hired 10/02 and did not have 100/6mos., just "some" time. Like 4 hours. They did not check my logbook so just tell them you are staying current.

Just got home this evening and had a message to call for a pre-interview screening. Is this out of the ordinary or do all resumes solicit this response? What kind of questions should I expect? If someone could give me the "quick and dirty" prep I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back