ASA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Toy Soldier said:
How does the "age" seniority thing work in class? Does anybody know?

When I was hired 3 years ago senority was determined by age, with the oldest have the lowest senority number. We were not able to use that to select aircraft at the time.

I would be willing to be that all new hires will be placed in DFW...UNLESS nobody bids the 700 in ATL if, and when it becomes available. Last time it came out it went pretty junior, but the additional airplanes should generate some decent lines so that may change.

Good Day! :D

If seniority doesn't determine aircraft, what does it determine? Bases only?

I also guess that "options" is also determined by "whats open" as far as bases, aircraft, etc...

Thank God for being an "older" dude.. :)

What's next?

After the telephone interview, what did they tell you would happen next? Do you have to wait for a phone call for an actual interview and then go to FSI for the simulator? Just curious if they have changed their hiring practice since last year.

Also, did they tell you anything about hiring that you can pass along? Specifically, when will the hiring start????

Thanks.

Toy soldier:

Seniority does determine equipment AFTER your new hire assignment. If you are assigned DFW CRJ, and you want ATL ATR, you can bid to it right away--BUT, you will complete training on your original equipment (and IOE) before being considered for the whats on your bid sheet.

The company has absolute control over new-hires equipment and domiciles.

I talked to JE and she thinks we are going to get a significant portion of the RFP phantom jets. I think she said classes will start around March/April.

As for our future growth, yes it's almost exclusively out of DFW. ATL crews are doing 3,4,5 day trips passing through DFW and out to the West coast. These are good trips, but take you away from home a little too long sometimes.

Overall, things look pretty optimistic at ASA, as long at the company is willing to get real about a contract. If they continue to drag their heels, ASA could turn on a dime with pilots considering a strike. (IMHO).

Good luck.

We actually got to bid for what equipment was available, based on class seniority. Who knows if they'll continue to allow this in the future.

step two after the phone interview

I was told to expect a packet in the mail and to get it back as soon as possible. I guess that once I get it back to them, I will hear something about the interview.

Any ideas ASA folks?

Last edited:
I was in the 10/21/02 class, and we were the 1st class to bid on equipment and base based on seniority. I beleieve all future classes did the same thing. I was also told that this was what the company was going to do after our class. Everything is subject to change of course.

My inside informant is telling me 100 pilots for 2004. Supposedly they are spooled up to start a new hire class in Feb or the very latest Mar.

I have a friend in the pool who still has not been contacted with a class date. So I think they are restocking the pool for the remainder of the year.

But you know how rumors go!

Welcome to the worst reserve system in the industry if you get hired on. The union is fighting hard to rework that section of the contract. It is like being under house arrest for 15 hours a day 20-21 days a month.

DFW is definately the junior base. I do believe most of the new hires are going to DFW or the 70 seater in ATL as previously mentioned.

Good Luck!

Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my packet two weeks ago, filled it out and got a call today for an interview/sim ride in Feb. Looking foward to it.

Since DFW is junior what is the junior equiptment in DFW?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back