• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that the company will award upgrades based on the required hours, etc, in the contract. There will be upgrades out of seniority order.

Reserve is great. Whenever I don't want to fly, or want certain holidays off that I can't hold on a regular line, I bid reserve. I flew 12 hours in November and about 15 in December working about 4 days each month.

When I was hired (over three years ago) you were assigned to your initial aircraft based on whatever the "needs of the company" were at the time. This was in clear violation of our contract, which states that you will bid on aircraft based on your seniority within your new hire class. When I pointed this out to the B#$&h that was in charge of newhire training, she told me that I had a "bad attitude". When I pointed it out to an ALPA Rep, they told me that they were giving the company a pass on aircraft assignments because (at the time) they were having problems finding people that could or would upgrade to Captain on the E-120. Those of us with the most experience were assigned to the E-120 and told to expect to upgrade within one month. Naturally, that didn't happen. What is the moral of this story, ASA can do whatever they want with regards to newhire aircraft assignment.

Anyones who got an interview tell me how long it was between the time u sent your resume in and you were called? i faxed mine the other day..just hoping..

One other thing with the reserve system that was not mentioned.

Monthly bidding for reserve lines. When you bid U are bidding for 4 "Golden Days off" each month. After that scheduling assigns U the other six days off. So it has happened to me in the past that I would be on for 6 days straight and off one day followed by 4-6 days on again. I think you may have gotten the impression that you have 5 on and 2 off all the time. That is more the exception than the rule. In addition if you can hold weekends off for your GDO's it does not mean U will have weekends off for the whole month. You may end up with midweek days off.

Scheduling is trying to make life on reserve a little easier however. Now we can submit a request for our reserve time period after our award before the schedule is finalized for each month. However there is no gaurantee U will get what U want and definately no way to know if they are being fair. ANother good thing they have just started is being able to swap your reserve days with yourself so U can move your day off. That is of course provided that scheduling has the coverage to approve your request and it is compliant with the contract and regs.

DO NOT COMMUTE TO RESERVE. I did it and if U do plan on being away from home 23-25 nights a month. How so you may ask. Well if U have to be on duty anytime before 9 am you have to fly in the night before and U generally miss the last flight home after your days on, so you spend another night at the crash pad. Now u have 2 days off which you commuted home on the first day off and then you have to leave the next evening to be back on duty. MOVE TO where your gonna be based if your on reserve.

Good Luck

Go Pats!

packet ?

1. After the packet, how long would you think that it will take to get an interview?

2. When are classes scheduled?

3. RFP on new regional jets -- any word on this?

There is plans for 1 class a month for the remainder of 2004 with 10 new hires per class.

Not sure about your other questions.

It is anyones guess on who will get the new jets.

Patriot Flyer,

Did I get the correct impression that classes will start next month?

"one class a month for the remainder of '04"

The reserve system has a lot to be desired but a whole lot better than not having a job at all!

Yes, you read the message correctly....The latest news is 100 new hires in 04';10 a month starting in FEB.

Just like the wind, it will change and most likely will. It really depends on how many if any of the 45 airplanes we get and contract talks. Strickly my opinion. :p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back