Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ParrotheadGTI

Critter
Well, I got hired by ASA, and placed into the hiring pool... Anyone have an idea how long it will take to make it out of the pool and into a class date? I know they're still interviewing and placing people into the pool..so I'm assuming that maybe they'll start having classes again before too long.. anyone have any information on this? thanks!

When I was hired my class date got cancelled and subsequently I was placed into the "pool". I finally ended up in class 5 months later. I know the letter of conditional employment says not to call or bother them about class dates, but make sure you continue to update your resume with them or they will think you are not interested anymore. I got totally screwed by that. I thought that letter meant not to contact them whatsoever including sending updated resumes. Then I heard that some of my friends ended up in class before me that interviewed 2-3 months after me. So I called the hiring dept and they said that they thought I was no longer interested in a job because I had not updated my resume. Stick with it...I konw its tough...I have been there. Its a good place to work and morale has been on the upswing lately with all the good things that our new president is doing for the company, especially with our performance.

Kerveball is exactly right.....I was in the pool for 8-9 months and you have to keep sending updates to your resume every month. Call every month and talk with the people in the hiring department about making sure they received your update to your resume and let them know you are still interested. Good luck

Spending that much time in the pool was defintiely not the norm. The last time hiring was stopped was June 2006 for about 5 months. Attrition is slowing down and the ATR pilots (around 100) will be filling vacancies in the CRJ 200 and CRJ 700. It is confirmed that ASA recieved a few more airframes that originally planned, but hiring will be predicated on attrition and growth.

IMHO a 6 month swim in the pool is not out of the question.

Spending that much time in the pool was defintiely not the norm. The last time hiring was stopped was June 2006 for about 5 months. Attrition is slowing down and the ATR pilots (around 100) will be filling vacancies in the CRJ 200 and CRJ 700. It is confirmed that ASA recieved a few more airframes that originally planned, but hiring will be predicated on attrition and growth.

Don't be surprised if there aren't any classes until '09. We have what we will have for the summer, and we will likely be over-staffed for the fall/early winter. That could change tomorrow, of course. Update your resume, and keep current.

Well, I got hired by ASA, and placed into the hiring pool... Anyone have an idea how long it will take to make it out of the pool and into a class date? I know they're still interviewing and placing people into the pool..so I'm assuming that maybe they'll start having classes again before too long.. anyone have any information on this? thanks!

Welcome aboard! Nobody knows what is going to happen now. New bases, aircraft, attrition- it's all up in the air. I will tell you that there are fewer better places than ASA to be right now, but that could change tomorrow too. Things are so dynamic right now that 1 month is an eternity at this point. Keep your resume updated and hopefully you won't be in for a long swim.

I was placed in the pool in June of '06, and started class on 8 Nov 06. It was a long wait, but when hiring started again, I was one of the first in that batch of classes, with a bunch of classes immediatetly behind me. Good for my seniority, once I was actually in class.

I agree with Cpt. Oveur, though: a 6 month or more swim wouldn't be too unrealistic. To me, the best hope for more classes at the moment would be for the new Orlando flying to go well.

ASA seems to be on the upswing right now. Of course this could change tomorrow, but the morale of the place is night and day better between now and this time last spring.

Interviewed mid Jan of 2000 and class date of June 2000. Just for historical reference of course :p!
Welcome aboard, you will love ASA. Great folks and the training has served me well through my career.

Cheers- Rum

Latest resources

Back