• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA hiring dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think they would try to give a mnths notice, a min of 2 weeks. But that's just me.

A buddy of mine will be in the Nov 14 class. He got a little over 3 weeks notice. So I really think you would hear something by the end of the year, yes.

I keep hearing conflicting information on different threads. One guy says hiring is done and the next says 40 a month. Anyone really know? If it is frozen, any guess as to when classes would start again? And why havent they taken the job opening off ASA's website?

blesko said:
here's my particular situation. i have a class date with capeair iflying the 402 in hyannis on january 2nd. Longevity and long term, ASA looks like the better option. Pay, however, capeair is mid30's to start. Do you think ASA will send out letters before the end of the year to put people in january's class?

Go fly the 402! Nothing is long-term in this industry, besides, you'll be your own boss, and Florida/Cape flying is better. If I were young again, I would have done something enjoyable, and go somewhere you can get PIC turboprop (or jet) later. Upgrades are at about four years, and if you want a decent schedule, more like six years. If we don't get any new jets, which is a possibility, you don't want to be in the last class hired. I've heard that hiring will be stopping, but for how long no one can say. If I could afford the pay cut, I'd be applying there now.

Last edited:
Heard straight from the horses mouth yesterday that hiring will definitely come to a halt until it gets figured out who's getting the new planes. That's a big change from a month ago when they were saying 50 a month indefinitely...

Here comes the whipsaw! My prediction, ASA wont see plane 1 if we dont agree to lower our 70 rates, more than likely agree to one rate for both the 50 and 70.

Things are rapidly declining around here. Look for it to get a lot worse!

McNugent said:
Heard straight from the horses mouth yesterday that hiring will definitely come to a halt until it gets figured out who's getting the new planes. That's a big change from a month ago when they were saying 50 a month indefinitely...

I agree I also heard directly from The Boss that all hiring will stop until we get our aircraft assignments.

Also in regards to the level of notice you will recieve, it's usually 2-3 weeks in advance. Don't expect to get much info--if any--before 3 weeks prior to your class date.

bailout said:
Which horse are you referring too? B.L. said 40 a month starting in Jan last week..

I heard from DR on Friday afternoon.

Latest resources

Back