ASA hiring dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blesko

Had an interview with them a few weeks ago, anyone on the inside know any upcoming class dates or is it time to swim in the pool? Any help is appreciated.

I think it's about to drop my resume in there again. Maybe I'll get a yes this time. Commuting sucks!!!!!!!!! I don't care if there are issues there, QOL does matter and commuting to reserve and then getting deadheaded somewhere else sucks even worse. At least there, I'll be at home for school and in my own house for reserve and flight at the end of the duty day.

Training Dates

The only ASA training date I know about is Nov 14. I haven't heard if there are others coming up. I got the letter ,placing me in the pool, Sept 10. I haven't heard from them yet.

I highly doubt there will be much more training done this year with the holiday season rapidly approaching. Look for the floodgates to open in 2006.

Good luck!

Scott Hall, System Chief Pilot(1500 seniority flying the left seat, but thats another thread) said in class the other day that they are not having any more new hire classes after the one that starts on monday the 14th on november. This is due to skywest inc. not having an a/c utlization plan from delta. No idea on who is getting airplanes for the near future, and which routes we are going to be flying.

He did say that we will be flying to a St. something island starting Jan. 6th. St. Lucia, St. Croix, St Thomas, St. Marten he wouldnt divulge. It will be up on travelnet on the 19th of november.

Good luck with the pool!! Looks like the waters are getting warmer!

Training was told to gear up for 40 new hires a month beginning in January. From now through the New Year is what I refer to as "silly season." With the holidays and vacations it is difficult to get folks through training.

~~~^~~~ said:
Training was told to gear up for 40 new hires a month beginning in January. From now through the New Year is what I refer to as "silly season." With the holidays and vacations it is difficult to get folks through training.

So, how many upgrades per month??? If history is any indicator, we wont upgrade nearly as many as newhires.

And, where's all this attrition I am hearing about???

here's my particular situation. i have a class date with capeair iflying the 402 in hyannis on january 2nd. Longevity and long term, ASA looks like the better option. Pay, however, capeair is mid30's to start. Do you think ASA will send out letters before the end of the year to put people in january's class?

Latest resources

Back