Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"ASA has no value whatsoever except for its revenue stream which comes from Delta,"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
Can someone tell me why Mike Boyd is always quoted in these articles. Why is his opinion so freaking important? Kit Darby is quoted in anything having to do with airline hiring, but he has a very skewed vision of what is going on in the industry

Skewed because he makes money or skewed because he tracks figures related to hiring?

"I don't understand who actually pays this guy, but I wouldn't give his perspective on the industry, especially at the regionals, much weight"

The same guy who signs both of our paychecks, Jerry. Boyd is a fav at the annual leadership meetings in Vegas. Kinda laugh at any type of real meeting taking place in Vegas, especially a leadership one. I suppose "follow me to Glitter Gulch" is a form of leadership.

Smacktard said:
Skewed because he makes money or skewed because he tracks figures related to hiring?

His figures related to hiring are what makes him his money. He is overly optimistic, which I understand, because his business benefits when airlines are hiring. He is quoted often, and almost everytime it seems like an advertisement for his course. Kit puts out some good information though.

SkyWest management will run ASA and SkyWest as seperate companies. Any new deliveries of aircraft will be put between the two pilot groups and management will start a bidding war, much like Delta has done to ASA and COMAIR. As a SkyWest pilot I think a quick and fair seniority intregration is the smartest thing to do. Even though I will probably loose a little seniority, everybody will lose if it comes down to bidding war.

Latest resources

Back