ASA Give up your vacation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
73belair said:
Does that mean that ALPA can't "suggest" that you keep your vacation?

That's exactly what it means. ALPA cannot make any suggestion whatsoever of an organized denial of vacation buy-backs. The best the Association can do is keep quiet on the matter. Any suggestion that you keep your vacation will most certainly lead to a lawsuit being filed by ASA. ALPA is very careful about these things. The APA learned a big lesson with their sick-out, and ALPA is determined to avoid suffering the same fate. The union simply doesn't have the money sitting around to absorb such huge financial penalties.

WIPilot said:
So basically that says that you guys really need to start booking your Disney world trips, or any other expensive non refundable trips should it come down to beyond asking volunteers ;)

And you know they are gonna say they did not get enough volunteers.

WIPilot said:
So basically that says that you guys really need to start booking your Disney world trips, or any other expensive non refundable trips should it come down to beyond asking volunteers ;)

Expensive vacation? While working at a regional?? RIIIIIGHT. :) :)

Don't do it, they created the problem!!

What has management done for the pilots, NOTHING but work against us. 3 years and no contract, don't want to give the pilots nothing and no respect. The pilot group really keeps this company going.

It is so obvious that management has no idea what is going on. Every pilot in DFW could tell you that lots of pilots would be leaving this year. As soon as they made the announcement DFW pilots were firing out the resumes.

Then put on top of that all the pilots in ATL looking to leave.

Oh and lets make this a bad place to work with old work rules and an old contract and tell the pilots no net gain. That will really make new hires want to come to ASA. I hear new hires are leaving training to go other places or not even showing up.

Oh year and lets abuse the reserve captains and make them miserable so they want to leave also.

ASA has really done a good one this time. I don't think the staffing problem is going to be solved any time soon. A new fair contract is a good start!! At least some people will stick around and new people will want to come to ASA.

Management get a clue, you can't treat your employees badly and expect to run a decent airline.

:cool: Yeah, I say SCREW EM'! They dug their own hole, now they can dig themselves out! From what I hear, this is nothing like what is going to hit the company in Nov. We have a bunch of pilots that will be timing out for the year. It is going to get interesting to say the least!

What's next in this industry? It's sad what the regionals have become, even though I fear most of us will be stuck in the regionals our entire career.

Latest resources

Back