• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard the deal with LAX is that it is hard to make $$ out there, just like Florida. That's why we didn't take it. The only way Eagle makes it is they are double dipping for AA, AS, NW, DL connection flying. And we know how Chitaco can make money in FL......

As far as a western base, I doubt it. That was rumor when I was new here over 3 years ago. Sunsabitches!!!!

Ted Striker said:
I heard the deal with LAX is that it is hard to make $$ out there, just like Florida. That's why we didn't take it. The only way Eagle makes it is they are double dipping for AA, AS, NW, DL connection flying.

And CO too....!

We will have a western base, not if but when. Eagle is flying Delta Connection because at the time we were not big enough and Skywest has contractual obligations to United. The contract carriers that are in the "fingercuff" position with the big boyz are going to get burned and we will benefit. Now, if we could ditch the contract carriers altogether we would have enough flying to bring the furloughs off the street! Fly safe!

wil said:
We will have a western base, not if but when. Eagle is flying Delta Connection because at the time we were not big enough and Skywest has contractual obligations to United. The contract carriers that are in the "fingercuff" position with the big boyz are going to get burned and we will benefit. Now, if we could ditch the contract carriers altogether we would have enough flying to bring the furloughs off the street! Fly safe!

I have heard Skippy in recurrent state that we will have a western base "over his dead body". I don't know if this was TIC or not, but I know it sure as hell hasn't happened yet. At ASA, I believe it when I see it. About half of it comes true, and the half that does takes three times as long as they say it will.

Ted- just remember that the CRJ is no different than the EMB, it
is just harder to put the baseball cards in the spokes!:D
I heard the same thing but it just seems logical (I know, I know) for us to have a west coast presence. I think that we are in for some major news soon- at least I hope so, I am getting sick and tired of being in the basement at DFW!

Skip probably realizes that the management we have is hard pressed to run just the two bases we already have. I doubt they can handle anything more. We are under the FAA microscope (per Mr. King, the new POI), and they may have told Skip to put the brakes on our growth for a while.

I guess a new base would be great, unless it causes us to shrink ATL or DFW in the process. Where are the new airframes going to come from? Our order is complete this year (per Skip). What if they open a new base with half of the jets in ATL, and then bring Conair (they just got 6 more new ATL flights today) or Chit into ATL to take over half of the ATL hub flying. Who wants to be displaced in something like that?

Flame away!

Last edited:
>>I guess a new base would be great, unless it causes us to shrink ATL or DFW in the process. Where are the new airframes going to come from? Our order is complete this year (per Skip). What if they open a new base with half of the jets in ATL, and then bring Conair (they just got 6 more new ATL flights today) or Chit into ATL to take over half of the ATL hub flying. Who wants to be displaced in something like that?<<

I agree, but ATL is shrinking anyway. We are supposed to be at @180 lines by Aug. Down from 220 in April, to 210 in May, to 204 in June. Makes sense though, 8 RJs to replace 15 EMBs in ATL.
Yeah we're growing alright.. NOT. Were simply shifting our flying to DFW.

sleepy said:
I have not seen the July prelims yet. So if we open a Western crew base, how many people do you think will leave ATL to go there? Seems to me that it would be alot cheaper for them to just get MESA to fly for DCI out of PHX?

Thankfully, Mesa can't fly for DCI, they fly a/c over 70 seats. If they didn't I'm sure there would already be Mesa RJs in DFW flying to HOU or CAE or something.

CF34-3B1 said:
Thankfully, Mesa can't fly for DCI, they fly a/c over 70 seats. If they didn't I'm sure there would already be Mesa RJs in DFW flying to HOU or CAE or something.

Indeed.

Per the new contract at Mesa, they don't have to pay their pilots.

That would put us at a tremedous disadvantage in the effort to keep some of the outsourced Delta feed.

;)

Whoever heard of Delta ignoring a contract clause....

Latest resources

Back