ASA fuloughed to get hired at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aircombat

Skywest is hiring 16 pilots. ASA furloughed pilots are second in line just after the 1300 furloughed United pilots. ASA will get every leftover spot!

email from Scott H. they aren't hiring until the spring. I just thought it's funny how he writes it like there is a chance that less than 16 United pilots would go to Skywest.

Okay, it's not enough that SKYW has several fiddy flights in and out of ATL, but now they are hiring while our guys on are furlough?

WTF, OVER?!?!

PBS Working Group, How about this: We'll take PBS under the condition that all new, growth flying, from a block hour or airframe standpoint, for the next five years, goes to ASA.

Okay, it's not enough that SKYW has several fiddy flights in and out of ATL, but now they are hiring while our guys on are furlough?

WTF, OVER?!?!

PBS Working Group, How about this: We'll take PBS under the condition that all new, growth flying, from a block hour or airframe standpoint, for the next five years, goes to ASA.

There may be a high number of 50 flights, but how many SW 900 flights have you seen? Pinnacle has pretty much kicked Skywest's 900's out of ATL, and Skywest has filled in with 50's from SLC. Remember, it's DAL that picks who goes where, with what, and not Skywest, INC.

Glad to hear that Skywest is going to take care of our furloughed- it's the right thing for them to do.

1. ASA furloughs 130+ pilots (in two waves, mind you...when SKW saw not a one).
2. SkyWest gets 50 flying out of ATL.
3. SkyWest to hire 16 additional pilots.
4. 130+ ASA pilots still on furlough.

Oh yea. And I'm supposed to believe that SkyWest and ASA are being run as two independent companies. If that fantasy were the case, I think ASA would have a real problem searing it's own crotch with a hot SKW branding-iron day in and day out.

It's the same type of management mentality as when DL owned us...SKW just makes a stronger, better tasting Kool-Aid.

I can just hear it now--

SKW: "So, we're going to dissolve the ASA brand because we want to be the next big national airline. The recession is over, and it's time to grow! We have the capital to make the move!"
ASA pilots: "Sweet! Even thought I got downgraded after the vote, I guess agreeing to PBS paid off! When do we merge seniority lists?"
SKW: "..."
ASA pilots: "Wait, naturally we're included...right?"
SKW: "Absolutely! Just send us your application and if approved through the interview process, you'll be part of the SKW team!"
ASA pilots: "I have to re-interview? Won't that mean I'll be a new-hire on the bottom of the list?"
SKW: "Yes, you'll enjoy (corporate buzz-word) a career with the new SkyWest Airlines. You'll also enjoy being an S6! Yes, you'll be paid $23 whole dollars/hour for starting over...but you'll be a big part in strategically positioning our airline for growth in the future! Think of it as a re-birth. A "baptism", if you will! Just ask one of your former flight attendants who joined our winning team!"
Former ASA FA: "GO SKW! GO SKW! CLAP CLAP CLAP! GIT-ER-DONE! I WAS BAPTIZED TODAY! COME ON IN! THE WATER IS WARM!"
ASA pilots: "Je$us Chr1st. That didn't take long."

Hey guys, there's one way around this mess. Become a generous contributor to both of the following non-profits:

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/
http://www.mormon.org

...and after you're done doing that, apologize to your family for being you and then seek help. You'll need it to regather what you lost:

http://www.dignitatishumanae.com

Dude your holding management just legally bribed united so that you can have more flying in 2010. What more do you want?

Okay, Y'all simply can't recognize sarcasm. Fine.

Just wanna make sure that it is understood that the entire list of furloughed United pilots gets consideration before the first furloughed ASA pilot gets a chance to sit in a SKYW class. I'm not debating that; but I think it slightly naive to think that it was a benevolent action on the part of SKYW to list a preference for ASA furloughed guys.

SKYW west: hiring while ASA is on furlough will cause problems down the road. The ASA guys out on the street will be Captains in the not too distant future. I suspect that they will have a long memory.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back