• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA FO Vacancy Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny I don't see any senior Captain's bidding back to the right seat.

Also I never heard any senior Captain's state, they wanted to go to the right seat.

Lets see $88.00/hr or $45.00/hr, I don't think so.

701EV

There were some guys who smack-talked about it and there were plenty of to-be-displaced Captains who hoped they would. The vocal minority went to the company and the union and worked this deal out.

At least that's my take on it.

I still predict no takers, but at least the option is available.

Point taken, however, how does FOs bidding in the vacancy solve the displacement problem??
Did anyone else notice they are ALLOWING 700 FO's to BID BACK to the 200? I thought they were just displacing captains. Did I miss something here?
I think the main reason is that the most junior 20 or so -700 FO's were originally going to be displaced to the -200, thus if enough people wanted to go back to the -200 it would prevent the "involuntary" part.

Last edited:
What I can't stand is the fact that everyone gets to bypass their seat locks for the past two awards. Yet the guys that went over to the 700 when the 900s came over a few months ago are still seat locked. Why let some people avoid seat lock while others are still locked in??

Check out the following excerpt from your contract.

If the Company waives a category freeze for one pilot bidding on aposition notice, it will also do so for all other pilots senior to that pilotbidding on that position notice who have sufficient seniority to hold theposition(s).

mute point if no senior capt's bid down. May be a few seatlocked pilots cheer-leading for the voluntary downgrades now too!

I don't think anyone thought all senior captains have been itching to get back to f/o or that anyone wants to take a pay cut. But some captains (especially those who have been on reserve for years or commuters, etc) may consider the option. Being on reserve wears you down.

Doesn't it make sense to allow voluntary displacements before displacing someone who wants to stay? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

The way I see it...it doesn't hurt anything and may very well save someone.

Also, I believe the reason the company only listed the bid for 1 crj position and 1 cr7 position is to maintain control over f/o's moving around.

I think I said in an earlier thread that pilots in general are full of poop. "Reserve sucks I would be happy with a down grade". "I wouldn't fly past 60 even if they changed the rule." "I have a side business that is making tons of money I would happily volunteer for furlough or year long COMA". "I avoid open time because we have people on furlough".

The list goes on and on.

Like I said, I put money on no takers.

Latest resources

Back