• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA flight pass changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta employees are ready to screw us on this issue. When Delta bought ASA and we got date of hire pass priviliges the Delta pilots grieved it.

GO AROUND said:
I don't know who was pushing for it. Jerry said it was Delta, he didn't say managment or DMEC.

The issue appeared in "The Roar From 44", the monthly publication of Delta LEC 44 in ATL. In the article a comment was made about ASA employees no longet being able to bump hard working Delta employees. I'm sure ~~~^~~~ can provide the actual comment.

Delta employees should want to leave things the way they are. Most DL employees have earlier hire dates than most ASA employees and therefore have priority on either airline. Whether riding on DL or ASA, with an S3, the DL employee gets on first. I have had to ride the jumpseat on ASA because 3 DL employees with earlier hire dates kept me from getting a seat in back! Change it to an S3C and the DL employee will get bumped by the ASA employee on ASA flights.

CJA said:
Delta employees should want to leave things the way they are. Most DL employees have earlier hire dates than most ASA employees and therefore have priority on either airline. Whether riding on DL or ASA, with an S3, the DL employee gets on first. I have had to ride the jumpseat on ASA because 3 DL employees with earlier hire dates kept me from getting a seat in back! Change it to an S3C and the DL employee will get bumped by the ASA employee on ASA flights.

Except that they want Delta employees to get S3 on everything, including ASA, and DCI employees to get S3C on everything, including ASA.

atlcrashpad said:
Nothing has changed. They will give us plenty of warning when it does change.

I disagree. If they give any notice, people will quit in anticipation. If they just drop the hammer, then a lot will say... oh well, I'm already at work.

CJA said:
I have had to ride the jumpseat on ASA because 3 DL employees with earlier hire dates kept me from getting a seat in back! Change it to an S3C and the DL employee will get bumped by the ASA employee on ASA flights.

Are you saying that, given the option, you'd leave another non-rev'er at the gate so that you could ride in the back of an RJ instead of on the JS? Nice guy. :cool:

ASA_Willy said:
Are you saying that, given the option, you'd leave another non-rev'er at the gate so that you could ride in the back of an RJ instead of on the JS? Nice guy. :cool:

No, I'm saying that all the DL people were senior to me and got the seats in the back, I HAD to ride the JS because they got the seats in back. In fact, just a couple of days ago I took the JS so another non-revver could get on!

John Pennekamp said:
The issue appeared in "The Roar From 44", the monthly publication of Delta LEC 44 in ATL. In the article a comment was made about ASA employees no longet being able to bump hard working Delta employees. I'm sure ~~~^~~~ can provide the actual comment.

That was a DAL pilots opinion that now that we are not owned by DAL we should be S3C like SKW and the rest of the DCI carriers X Comair. DAL managment were the ones that wanted us to be S3C on even our own ASA flights as well cause they own all the seats and they will give the priority to the DAL employees.

Whether or not the DAL pilots are pushing for that as well I have not heard that. The opinion from the Roar from 44 was not the same as I read it.

Fins and 737 and the rest of the DAL folks have beat that to death.

CJA said:
No, I'm saying that all the DL people were senior to me and got the seats in the back, I HAD to ride the JS because they got the seats in back. In fact, just a couple of days ago I took the JS so another non-revver could get on!

Got it. It's just the principal of the thing that's got you riled up. :)

Latest resources

Back