• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Face to Face meetings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they wait that long they probably won't have many takers.
At Mesaba with the scam bankruptcy we furloughed 226 for up to 15 months (other than a few that were still in class and cut loose without completing) I think only about 70 came back, most of those were in the last group furloughed for only about 8 months or senior guys that took a voluntary furlough.

Bob Dillon told me it could be as long as a year if 'the economy continues to suck'.

He said he's hoping that Mesa will collapse and that ASA will be awarded more flying.

Sounds good to me.

In the meantime...

At least ASA is better positioned financially than many of the players in this industry.

Here's hoping we have a more operationally efficient, profitable, better performing airline to come back to when we're recalled.

Mesa will not collapse.....How long have we been waiting? The vultures circle, but JO will pull something.

Perhaps...in the short term though that's the most plausible, foreseeable scenario that would yield ASA more block hours.

Then again, I have to remind myself that this is the airline industry...where 'plausible' and 'foreseeable' don't have anything to do with the likelihood of industry changes.

Latest resources

Back