Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord... glad you got to him first Lear, you saved yet another member from my sharpened axe.. would have been gone if it were me, General lee, as our most prolific poster certainly knows better...

Moderator input:

Knock it off, General. That's a thinly-veiled personal attack and there's no reason for it. Additionally, it borders very close on sexual harassment (for those joining us late in the game, no, I'm not going to explain why I know that or how it applies, but it certainly does). Just a little more obvious and I'd have already sent you to the penalty box.

Further misconduct will earn you a 30 day FI vacation. Yes, I said 30 days. I'm going to start cracking down on experienced board members who know the rules enough to know better. 3, 7, and 10 days don't seem to be doing the trick, so I'm going straight to 30 for experienced FI posters.

Fair warning.

Additionally, watch the profanity. I know he irritated you with the personal attack, but responding with another board violation isn't the answer. Defending yourself is fine, adding the profanity isn't.

/mod

First of all, I did nothing wrong, and I know the rules. If you re-read my post, I had no profanity, and the rest is left up to interpretation. If someone else think's "your Friend Pat" is sexual harrassment, then that is wrong. Don't we all have friends named Pat? How about the NE Patriots? If you infer that PAT means sexual harrassment, then future lawyers will have a payday coming. My best friend is a Pat, which derives from Patrick. Some girls are named Patty.

And, I don't hide the fact that I like to debate and I leave sharp barbs sometimes, but that is the nature of a board like this. There are many others that are a lot worse with sexual inuendos and true grossness. Not me, I play by the rules and leave my sarcastic responses. If that is not allowed now, please inform me, and I will become as boring as the rest of them. I also don't understand how anyone knows if a poster is actually a guy or girl, (this being an anonymous board) and how anyone can say that there is sexual harrassment? I don't understand. A poster could have a male name, but actually be a female. You just never know.

clr4theapch,

Can you tell me what I am supposed to know better? Please tell me what I did wrong in the contrext of my post, and please tell me why I can't have an opinion? Can you please tell me why writing PAT on the screen is wrong? Do you know any Pat's out there? Is PAT a bad word? I'd like to know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
First of all, I did nothing wrong, and I know the rules. If you re-read my post, I had no profanity, and the rest is left up to interpretation. If someone else think's "your Friend Pat" is sexual harrassment, then that is wrong. Don't we all have friends named Pat? How about the NE Patriots? If you infer that PAT means sexual harrassment, then future lawyers will have a payday coming. My best friend is a Pat, which derives from Patrick. Some girls are named Patty.

And, I don't hide the fact that I like to debate and I leave sharp barbs sometimes, but that is the nature of a board like this. There are many others that are a lot worse with sexual inuendos and true grossness. Not me, I play by the rules and leave my sarcastic responses. If that is not allowed now, please inform me, and I will become as boring as the rest of them.

clr4theapch,

Can you tell me what I am supposed to know better? Tell me why I can't have an opinion, and tell me why saying "Pat" is wrong. Do you know any Pat's out there? Is PAT a bad word? I'd like to know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

HA!

What a joke you are!!!!! Right...................Pat for point after touchdown. How about that one? That's what you meant. You know what you meant, and your playbook always is the same. Personal attacks on those you erroneoulsy feel are inferior to your intellect, social standing, airmanship etc....

When I quit this board it will be because of how sick I am of knowing I share this profession (and earth) with you!

HA!

What a joke you are!!!!! Right...................Pat for point after touchdown. How about that one? That's what you meant. You know what you meant, and your playbook always is the same. Personal attacks on those you erroneoulsy feel are inferior to your intellect, social standing, airmanship etc....

When I quit this board it will be because of how sick I am of knowing I share this profession (and earth) with you!

Hey, I can't help it if you can't understand the context of my jokes. Personal attacks on anonymous people? How is that "personal?" You mean an ego bruise on someone who is not really known to anyone? Explain that please. You could say you are an astronaut, and there is NO WAY I could confirm that or not confirm it. BTW, I forgot to tell you, I am really an alien named THORP, from the planet Longjohn. I was born 1000 years ago, and today is my birthday. You're welcome. Can you confirm or deny that?

Bye Bye---Thorp Lee

You are ill! You have the maturity of a 12 year old.

I really, actually am starting to feel sorry for you! Enjoy your crew meals. That and antagonizing people on anonymous message boards are all you have in your life, I'm sure.

You are ill! You have the maturity of a 12 year old.

I really, actually am starting to feel sorry for you! Enjoy your crew meals. That and antagonizing people on anonymous message boards are all you have in your life, I'm sure.

You and I both know that is untrue.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I'm going to warn you one, last time. You know exactly what you meant when you posted. Your posting has become more and more aggressive over the last year, and I'm going to invoke the right that the Mods have been given to police this board to keep threads ON TOPIC, to prevent member harrassment, and to keep this board enjoyable for everyone involved by BANNING you PERMANENTLY if you don't knock it off.

Don't play catty. Don't play dumb. You know what you posted. We know why. We're not tolerating it. Post just ONE more time on the subject arguing with me or the other moderators and I *WILL* ban you permanently. End of discussion. You don't like it? eMail the webmaster: [email protected]

I'm just not tolerating it anymore, and the ToS allows us, as moderators, to take whatever action we feel necessary for the board community as a whole.

/mod

General, I'm going to warn you one, last time. You know exactly what you meant when you posted. Your posting has become more and more aggressive over the last year, and I'm going to invoke the right that the Mods have been given to police this board to keep threads ON TOPIC, to prevent member harrassment, and to keep this board enjoyable for everyone involved by BANNING you PERMANENTLY if you don't knock it off.

Don't play catty. Don't play dumb. You know what you posted. We know why. We're not tolerating it. Post just ONE more time on the subject arguing with me or the other moderators and I *WILL* ban you permanently. End of discussion. You don't like it? eMail the webmaster: [email protected]

I'm just not tolerating it anymore, and the ToS allows us, as moderators, to take whatever action we feel necessary for the board community as a whole.

/mod

Please, please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this.....can we ban him/her from the REGIONALS board? You know, the one where he/she has no business trolling about to merely antagonize others to make him/her feel better about their sorry existance?

GREAT job 4951!! We are proud of ya.

As a long time FI member, I remember when this was a place to exchange ideas and learn about the business of flying. When I was a total newby here (over 10 yrs ago), I posted some honest questions and thoughts about becoming a pilot. I got some great advise and support. I cringe when I think how those posts would have fare now days.

It has become a place where small people come to feel a little better about themselves by baiting and insulting other people. This is one of the reasons for the other main board being founded. I still come here.

I welcome increased Moderator efforts to return this board to its former self.

Last edited:
One other thing adding to Lear's remarks..

FI is not a democracy.. and we dont have to explain to anyone why we take the actions we take.. we "might" do so to educate other "newer" members of the rules, however, we are "mostly" all adults here and when one posts, they know exactly what their intentions are before they hit the submit button.. So lets not play games here when the judge's lay down the gavel..

I for one will not explain my moderation of this board anymore unless the situation warrants it.. you guys know the rules.. you guys know who the "multi" offenders are.. I have little tolerance for reminding the same people for the "SAME" offence they made last week, or last year!..

If we the moderators can not get FI back into the business of AVIATION and all things aviation.. and get ride of the sacastic nastiness, the members assults and such.. then its time for me to quit... but until that time.. I will get right down to business here, no more mambie-pambie BS moderating handing out spankings like daddy..

Get right.. or get gone.. End of subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back