• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Electronic Strike Ballot is Here!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just cast my "Yes" vote. I didn't hesitate at all, as I feel it is the right vote. But, unlike a lot of you, I'm not happy about having to take this step.

I'm not happy about a management that views me as a liability rather than an asset.

I'm not happy about a management that feels like they can increase their bonuses on the backs of the employees who keep this company running.

I'm not happy that it had to come to this, but I would rather watch this company burn to the ground than watch it become another Mesa.

Hey BL... where are my stock options? I guarantee you that I do far more on a daily basis than you do to keep this disfunctional family you call an airline afloat. I'm not quite yet to the point where I want to see this company fail just so I can see you out of a job (ala Eastern & Frank Lorenzo), but I'm damn close. Make no mistake.... I, and my fellow pilots, are the ones who got you that bonus. We are also the ones who can take it away. You need to wake up and realize that the pilots and the flight attendants are the ones who make up for your lack of oversight. We are the ones who spend out days putting band-aids on your gaping wounds. Without us you fail..... And righfully so.

Then again, who am I kidding. You have gone well beyond Skip in the art of insulation. Unlike most of our pilots, I have spent time in your office. I have seen how very very little you do. I am finished bailing you out, and I pray that Jerry Atkin sees you for the waste of a salary that you are.

My vote??? HELL F'IN YES!!!!!

******************** you ASA

NOTE

OUR RECORDS INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY CAST A BALLOT AS FOLLOWS.

Atlantic Southeast Airlines Strike Authorization Ballot (6-2006)

This ballot authorizes the Atlantic Southeast MEC, in consultation with the President of the Air Line Pilots Association, International, to cause a withdrawal from the service of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, at such time as they deem it prudent and advisable. A majority of the valid ballots returned on this issue shall govern.

I am IN FAVOR of providing strike authorization to the ASA MEC.

puddlejumper101 said:
does the pin number come in the mail? or am I supposed to know this pin number.
by the way...my vote is yes...when i figure it out

its your ALPA number and password just like you use to get on the ALPA website. Not sure about the phone procedure.

Uh, I never got an email or anything in the mail about this. Have y'all received something that tells you this site is for real?

I'm not happy about this situation, and it will hurt to check the yes box. I mean, this isn't a proud day, but there seem to be many jovial people. This could spell the beginning of the end, you know.

Last edited:
ReportCanoa said:
Uh, I never got an email or anything in the mail about this. Have y'all received something that tells you this site is for real?

I'm not happy about this situation, and it will hurt to check the yes box. I mean, this isn't a proud day, but there seem to be many jovial people. This could spell the beginning of the end, you know.

The email went out and the address is a match. Check to make sure your email address is current and check your junk folder.

With a heavy heart:

IN FAVOR.

For anyone who missed it:
The Connection SPECIAL
June 21, 2006 Edition

The Connection is e-mailed to you periodically by the ASA ALPA MEC and Communications Committee to share news of our union's activities and accomplishments.

1. THE BALLOTS ARE HERE! THE BALLOTS ARE HERE!

The polls are open and ready for you to cast your vote on the strike ballot. Attached is a copy of the cover letter and balloting instructions which will arrive via snail mail over the next several days. Cut and paste the link you see here to cast your vote today!

https://www.ballotpoint.com/alpa

You can also vote by phone. Dial 1-888-647-1787 to cast your vote over the telephone.

Balloting will close July 10, 2006 at 1000 a.m. EDT.

If you read through the balloting information and still aren't sure how to vote, or if you have questions about the voting process, look for our MEC and Contract Negotiating Committee representatives in the crew lounges over the next two weeks. They'll be happy to answer your questions.

Also call our MEC offices at 404-209-8566

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back