• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA D-0 Flight Crew Babysitting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally, I'm happy if the TLR isn't screwed up for the fourth time that day with the same mistake over and over and over.....

Now, thanks to Uncle Rico and his Sweet Huddle, I'll be wasting more time fighting the crowds and their unwieldy bags up and down the stairs to pick up a release and discuss overbookings and delays I can't possibly know about yet because I had to be there at D-35 and just got to the airplane about 8 minutes ago. I would have been there 2 minutes earlier, but the fat lady with two kids and a stroller wouldn't let me by.
you can change your own TLR using ACARS now cant you???? temp and dwpt off..just make the change yourself..wrong rwy on the planned line...use the bottom..as far as fat lady is concerned, you better wait till she sings before you can actually pull your own release off ACARS without the gate ever being in the mix.

I am still here because I find it comical how even the smallest things can make your blood pressure rise. Did you also get thise upset when they stopped selling beer on sundays?:beer:

Unfortunately, you STILL can't buy beer on Sunday here in Georgia, and yes, it makes me VERY CRABBY!

Also, your paycheck may not say Delta on it but if you follow the paper trail that is ultimately were the money comes from as they are our only customer. DL has been in business allot longer than ASA has been around. If the new procedures work then what difference does it make if the idea came from in-house or from DL.

That's dumb. So just because Delta has been around longer, we should do whatever they say? Seems to me ASA has never been bankrupt, furloughed, or even taken a pay cut. Sure we should follow Delta off the cliff?

JohnPen,

I really don't even know where to begin with you. It is difficult to debate you...NOT because of anything you say being valid, because it ISN'T...but because you hate everything about your life. Quite simply, you need to go somewhere else because I don't want to associate with someone like you. Everything you have said in your posts regarding my comments has been construed and wrong.

First, I am not management...just a line captain trying to make a living and enjoy life along the way. The only one of your comments that I will dignify with a specific response is in regards to the captain setting the tone. YOU TWISTED THAT BEYOND RECOGNITION. I DON'T DEMAND ANYTHING. What I was referring to in that post was that my ATTITUDE toward the job (and life in general for that matter) sets the tone. When i walk up to them with a smile, the react with a smile and are polite.

In summary JohnPen, every post you make on here is negative. Yes, ASA is not the best place to work, but I MAKE IT WHAT IT IS FOR ME! I show up, do what I can to get out on time and life is enjoyable. Try it some time...

For what its worth.

Feel free to put me on the ignore list if you can't stand my posts. Or even better, just don't respond. But I enjoyed raising YOUR blood pressure. It's good for you.

Now, as I said, if you want to be Captain Goody Goody Two Shoes, then play the little games. I choose not to, and it's not up to you to tell me I should.

And to address your comment that I hate my life, it couldn't be farther from the truth. Clearly your whole opinion of me is based on my comments here. If you ever bother to meet me in real life and get to know me, you most likely be very surprised at what I'm really like. Not so much like my crabby John Pennekamp decoy.

i respect jp since he has the cahones to speak his mind. i do disagree with most of what you say though jp, but respect it. i dont think this is that big of a deal, i go to the gate most of the time to get the release and find it makes most things simpler and run smooth.

i do have to ask why anyone would stay working at a place they dislike so much. like fl99 said, i shake my head at a lot of asa things, but dont think everyone i work for is a moron. i like my cps, most pilots fear them, i like my schedule, i like my pay, i like most of the people i work with.

and i dont think the gate thing is optional jp, unless you send your fo, is it really that bad? why dont you at least give it a try and see if it works. you never know.

I really don't hate everything about my job. Quite the contrary, I like most of the things. I have a good relationship with the chief pilots, have a great time hanging out with the crews in the Badda Bing, and the overnights are... well those files are sealed.

What I hate is the constant barrage of BS from the GO. It's like having a full set of tools, a car to fix, and handcuffs on. And now this BS about huddles? It aggravates me because of the principle, not the task. They are insinuating that we are the problem again. And that's a slap in the face, hence my strong reaction.

once again, i respect your opinion, but dont see it as blame. in fact, i think it puts more pressure on delta. the gate closes at a certain time, the paperwork comes a certain time, the ramp should be ready at a certain time. i go to the gate and sit down and do my stuff.

i get frustrated when i wait on gas or dont get a lav dump but dont blame that on asa or delta if i dont pass on the delay. acars lets me do that now.

i hate riding on other carriers and see them doing things better that we dont do, i hav always like checking in at the gate for that reason.

i agree..we did the same thing as D-0 like 3 or 4 years ago didnt we???...dont you remember we had the vision cards with the timeline to hang on our lanyards with our badges...i totally forgot about that...haha

I really don't hate everything about my job. Quite the contrary, I like most of the things. I have a good relationship with the chief pilots, have a great time hanging out with the crews in the Badda Bing, and the overnights are... well those files are sealed.

What I hate is the constant barrage of BS from the GO. It's like having a full set of tools, a car to fix, and handcuffs on. And now this BS about huddles? It aggravates me because of the principle, not the task. They are insinuating that we are the problem again. And that's a slap in the face, hence my strong reaction.

what exactly tees you off about the people over here..there are certain groups that are mindful of their profession and do it extremely well. you have to understand that my group is going on two years of our contract without a full pay raise just like your pilot group was. our contract was up in feb of 2006 and next month is feb 2008. so that is two years into it w/o getting what we deserve. your pilot group wasnt as easy to work with when you werent getting things accomplished with your contract. you went 5 years..so in reality we have another 3 years to go before we see any news on our negotation. they are already saying that money isnt coming for us. expect moral over here to be just as bad as what we took from you.....we arent happy either. we are losing ppl right and left and neewbies are coming on board. and i am talking good dispatchers..people that know their crap...in the past 6 mnths you lost a 14 year, 11 year, a couple of 6 year dispatchers. so if the person on the other end of the phone doesnt know what they are talking about or you hear that
"dissipating" word that i know you really hate..then its the own companys fault for not making an effort to keep the quality of people we have. our dispatch group is 48 ppl strong...48 48 48 48 48....48 people that have so much control and directly effect money in their pockets with fuel and alt selections. it never going to get any better here and its a shame that i have been here for 12 already!!!!

Dissipating...

what exactly tees you off about the people over here..there are certain groups that are mindful of their profession and do it extremely well. you have to understand that my group is going on two years of our contract without a full pay raise just like your pilot group was. our contract was up in feb of 2006 and next month is feb 2008. so that is two years into it w/o getting what we deserve. your pilot group wasnt as easy to work with when you werent getting things accomplished with your contract. you went 5 years..so in reality we have another 3 years to go before we see any news on our negotation. they are already saying that money isnt coming for us. expect moral over here to be just as bad as what we took from you.....we arent happy either. we are losing ppl right and left and neewbies are coming on board. and i am talking good dispatchers..people that know their crap...in the past 6 mnths you lost a 14 year, 11 year, a couple of 6 year dispatchers. so if the person on the other end of the phone doesnt know what they are talking about or you hear that
"dissipating" word that i know you really hate..then its the own companys fault for not making an effort to keep the quality of people we have. our dispatch group is 48 ppl strong...48 48 48 48 48....48 people that have so much control and directly effect money in their pockets with fuel and alt selections. it never going to get any better here and its a shame that i have been here for 12 already!!!!

I think what he may hate about "dissipating" is the fact that perhaps there is a bit of a miscommunication when it is used.

You see, when we hear the word "dissipating," we assume that the weather is getting better-as in the storm is "dissipating."

The fact that you may be turning down the brightness control so that the screen is harder to see may technically be an accurate way to describe what you are seeing-but not exactly what we think you are telling us!

So just because Delta has been around longer, we should do whatever they say? Seems to me ASA has never been bankrupt, furloughed, or even taken a pay cut. Sure we should follow Delta off the cliff?
Again JP jumps on a rant and misses the point. I said DL has been in business for years and tried many different procedures, some worked and some didn't.

They are our client and if they have a procedure that they would like us to try that may help our performance, then so be it. This helps them in the face of there customers and would help us attract new business.

I think what he may hate about "dissipating" is the fact that perhaps there is a bit of a miscommunication when it is used.

You see, when we hear the word "dissipating," we assume that the weather is getting better-as in the storm is "dissipating."

The fact that you may be turning down the brightness control so that the screen is harder to see may technically be an accurate way to describe what you are seeing-but not exactly what we think you are telling us!

well there is alot of ways to sugar coat it.."your buddies flying through it at FL240"..i mean when is the last time you actaully got cx for TS. Really think about it..i mean its either delaying it out till it moves past the feild or you are going..point blank. Fog, snow and other forms of wx are a different ball game..though. Plus know your seasons..its the middle of winter right now...wx like TS this time of year is not going to be nearly as bad as summer wx. tops are lower, convection is less, lines are thinner, its all relative to temperture in the end. there are a few of us over here that know our crap believe it or not. i would never dispatch an a/c that i felt was unsafe period. i have gone toe to toe in screaming matches with the pro company sector mangers on cx a flight. their name isnt on the release. its mine and yours in the end.

Latest resources

Back