• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CS ExpressJet meltdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So XJT has had this before and now you want to blame this all on ASA/SKYW....got it....

Yep Joe, XJT has had IT issues before. JUST LIKE COMAIR had when they experienced a complete meltdown a few years back, just like United experienced over the summer, as well as other airlines on various scales at one time or another.

But what you FAIL to realize is this, all of XJT's stuff is being controlled by ASA/ATL now. And this is something that should NEVER have happened. It was a complete failure of ASA's (ahem, SkyWest's) management to properly operate an airline.

So blame it on ASA, I mean SkyWest? Yep, you bet. Because this sure as heck wasn't XJT's fault. If those facts and logic are such that you can't follow and understand, sorry man, don't know what to tell you.

Maybe somebody needs to tell SkyWest the following about XJT;

"Hey Jerry, you break it, you buy it"

Because when you go back to all the 2008 COEX-SkyWest drama/collusion that went on, that's basically what happened.

Yep Joe, XJT has had IT issues before. JUST LIKE COMAIR had when they experienced a complete meltdown a few years back, just like United experienced over the summer, as well as other airlines on various scales at one time or another.

But what you FAIL to realize is this, all of XJT's stuff is being controlled by ASA/ATL now. And this is something that should NEVER have happened. It was a complete failure of ASA's (ahem, SkyWest's) management to properly operate an airline.

So blame it on ASA, I mean SkyWest? Yep, you bet. Because this sure as heck wasn't XJT's fault. If those facts and logic are such that you can't follow and understand, sorry man, don't know what to tell you.

Maybe somebody needs to tell SkyWest the following about XJT;

"Hey Jerry, you break it, you buy it"

Because when you go back to all the 2008 COEX-SkyWest drama/collusion that went on, that's basically what happened.

Dojetdriver, you are right...CMR, ASA, XJT, ACA and many others have had this type meltdown before....In defense of ASA, at ASA it usually happens during IROPS, especially snow events...

Now the reason this happens is two fold...The environment since the deregulation act of 1978 coupled with a technology called the internet has brought yields down...Not your fault, nor mine... The second is "our union's" horrendous response to the first problem...We now compete with our "fellow union brothers" for flying based on cost...This causes costs to be cut so that the cheap passengers can get cheap tickets....

Our side, ALPA, has made huge tactical errors with this paradigm shift..and we all pay the price....Jerry is doing more than ALPA has ever done for the regionals...He is trying to restore pricing power which will benefit ALL of us....ALPA ain't doing crap to try and restore things....My money is with Jerry....

Dojetdriver, you are right...CMR, ASA, XJT, ACA and many others have had this type meltdown before

Can you tell me when ACA had this type of operational meltdown? Specifically IT and management failing to do their jobs? I'm not talking about a staffing (lack of) issue. Not saying it didn't happen, but I can't remember when. You got any specific details?

....In defense of ASA, at ASA it usually happens during IROPS, especially snow events...

That's the problem, there was NO snow event, there was NO hurricane, there was NO tropical storm. This was a 100% pooch screwing by ASA (ahem, SkyWest) management that NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!!!!

Now the reason this happens is two fold...The environment since the deregulation act of 1978 coupled with a technology called the internet has brought yields down...Not your fault, nor mine... The second is "our union's" horrendous response to the first problem...We now compete with our "fellow union brothers" for flying based on cost...This causes costs to be cut so that the cheap passengers can get cheap tickets....

Our side, ALPA, has made huge tactical errors with this paradigm shift..and we all pay the price....Jerry is doing more than ALPA has ever done for the regionals...He is trying to restore pricing power which will benefit ALL of us....ALPA ain't doing crap to try and restore things....My money is with Jerry....

Actually, all Jerry is doing is lining his own pockets, helping to ensure his golden parachute should he need to punch out later, and maximizing share holder value. And in the process, he's actually dragging the regionals down in the process.

Never underestimate JoeMerchant's ability to turn ANYTHING into an ALPA bashing post.

Jerry is doing more than ALPA has ever done for the regionals...He is trying to restore pricing power which will benefit ALL of us....ALPA ain't doing crap to try and restore things....My money is with Jerry....

You actually think he is trying to benefit us pilots? Even if he was so benevolent towards pilots, who cares? You don't want to ask for too much of that money anyways. Ya, he has your money and mine and Dojejdriver, and 7,000 others!

So what exactly was the reason for this week's ongoing disaster? IT? Or was it the fact that when I talked with scheduling it sounded like they just rounded up some random teenagers and told them to run an airline. There won't be an Asa or expressjet in a few years the way this is going.

Note to Jerry:

You can't and won't find intelligent and motivated people around College Park to staff the G.O. this will continue until this place evaporates. Please, move HQ to Utah or back to Houston and get some help that resemble human beings.

Don't worry folks BH is on it!

"First, before outlining our challenges over the weekend I want everyone to know that although there were many contributing factors to our airline’s inability to deliver a quality product, I believe that the leadership of this company must take responsibility, and I believe that we let everyone down. The decisions we make every minute of every day determine whether each of you have the tools and support needed to be successful on the front line, and I don’t believe that we held our end up"

Someone in Utah better WAKE UP!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back