• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CRJ700 photos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA doesn't have a pay rate on the airplane and management has been using whipsaw to threaten us with them going elsewhere if we do not agree to a concessionary rate. I understand a pay rate may be negotiated next week. Odds are Comair's rates - as I can not imagine our MEC undermining the Comair pilots.

Last edited:
As of last week the operations guys in management stated that we would be getting them as fast as we can take em. Matter of fact we are behind shcedule by two months due to the financing problems at the end of last year. Also, I dought the part of the delivery schedule increased to hinder DALPA from renegotiating to get them. A. Those negotiations are going on as we speek to include arbitration for the No Furlough clause. DALPA feels that the company violated their no furlough protection part of the contract, and B. DALPA could negotiate those things away anytime they wanted (which they are trying to do right now, maybe not take them away, but share them) providing they could talk Delta management into it. At this very moment, a greivance has been filed by DALPA because DCI has gone over it's cap by 2% due to the lower hours flow by mainline than what was expected. This is where the interesting part happens. If the arbitration determines that the furlough was illegal, then Delta has 500+ pilots to bring back and they need to fly something. This could mean Delta just picks them back up and pays them, or they fly our 70 seaters (because they are getting paid anyway) and DCI guys are on the street, although I dought the number would be over 250 or so because of current growth. If the cap grievance is sided in favour of DALPA, then DCI planes get parked. This is a no win situation for anyone. Company is retstricted and bleeds cash, DALPA pilots still on the street, and DCI pilots on the street. Or maybe nothing happens at all as far as DCI. We should know something preliminary next week after the arbitration has ended in DC. If you dont like what is happening now, just wait a minute, it will change.

Latest resources

Back