4867 Atlanta Killeen-Fort Hood CRJ200
at 10:45 a.m. at 12:05 p.m.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
4868 Killeen-Fort Hood Atlanta CRJ200
at 12:30 p.m. at 3:40 p.m.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
4869 Atlanta Killeen-Fort Hood CRJ200
at 7:40 p.m. at 9 p.m.

Now there is a good route for a 50 seat RJ. (no joke) Go to a place that has a large potential for traffic (Ft Hood), and no LCC competition. The other airlines flying there are COEX and Eagle, and they have routes to their Texas hubs. DL via ASA will offer a different alternative, especially for servicemen and families going to Europe. (German bases etc) Good job route planning. I also like McAllen service, along with Corpus Christi and Beaumont (good routes for those 50 seaters too), although I don't think I would personally go to any of those except Corpus Christi, which is close to South Padre.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Now there is a good route for a 50 seat RJ. (no joke) Go to a place that has a large potential for traffic (Ft Hood), and no LCC competition. The other airlines flying there are COEX and Eagle, and they have routes to their Texas hubs. DL via ASA will offer a different alternative, especially for servicemen and families going to Europe. (German bases etc) Good job route planning. I also like McAllen service, along with Corpus Christi and Beaumont (good routes for those 50 seaters too), although I don't think I would personally go to any of those except Corpus Christi, which is close to South Padre.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thank you General for your contribution. You are a real ASSet to this 'board.

Killeen means major luggage.
Use to fly that route from IAH.
Servicemen have large backpacks, duffles, etc etc etc.

Ganja60Heavy said:
Thank you General for your contribution. You are a real ASSet to this 'board.

I am not looking for your praise at all. I don't really care. I post my opinion and move on. Great word ASSociation, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

we run in and out of there a couple times but its mostly Colgan that does it because the Jet doesnt fill up all the time its just like College station.

Actually Allegiant flys in to Ft. Hood Killeen also out of Vegas. I have been in there when Southwest was there but they were there doing a Military Charter.

The flight is long enough to burn enough gas for there to not be weight issues on the 50. I never understood why it has taken this long to do this flt. ATL being a huge military jump off point and so many folks stationed at fort hood it only makes sense. Although the government has never been one to pay a whole lot for fares.

Did they extend the runway?

Did they extend the runway in Killeen? A few years ago the dispatcher tried to get us to divert there during DFW thunderstorms, and it took us a while to convince him that we didn't have runway data for it, and while we could have physically landed there, a CRJ would never take off from there again - legally anyway.

Whew......I'm soooooo glad the General approves of us at ASA flying this route!!! That is a load off all of our minds. I only wish Delta/ASA management would consult him prior to making these decisions!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back