Asa Cp Sh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DrunkIrishman said:
I believe you've missed the point of my post. I merely pointed out that Childree is qualified for the position, nothing more. Now if you want to compare Fred to Carl in terms of what they've done to be qualified, well, umm, hey they both had some crappy experiences in the E-120 (although Fred's was far far worse).

BTW, Carl's last system seniority is 525 out of about 1800 so that puts him not at 33%, but instead at 29%. My mistake, he was more senior than I thought.

since when does seniority make a person a good chief pilot? He might be qualified...but he is just a puppet...just what management wants. Initiative is not used at ASA...if we use it, we get suspended or worse.

*Sigh*

Again, I am not stating quality. I am only stating qualified. With that said, years of experience is relevant. I get it, you guys dislike him, that still doesn't mean he's not qualified.

And I'm spent.

shamrock said:
It was definitely an interesting exchange between the two of them. Scott seemed pretty straight up, but his answers to questions about the abuse and reinterpretation of our current contract seemed evasive and were weak at best.

Didn't take you long to peg the ole Scott Jedi mind trick. Evasive is a great word to describe my former boss. When you are talking to him you are thinking "great.....great.....great". As soon as you walk away, you are like "wait a minute???? That's not so great....or is it?"

Freebrd said:
For all those that said SH was a great line pilot's kinda CP, well, it didn't take long! He suspended the dude that went to search for his bag for a week! Stated 'we have to get the attention of these pilots', or something to that effect. And he doesn't like our MEC Chair already....nothing like ASA cool-aid!

Was this the captain that left a plane full of people at the gate for 45 minutes while he searched for his bag...

What would you expect Scott to do? He has to run an airline.

What would you do if you had a pilot do that and you were Chief Pilot?

I am a Sober Irishman, not affiliated with my often drunk colleague.

I have found SH to a reasonable fellow, and probably know him better than most of my fellow pilots at ASA, this in part due to encounters at FSI during training.

Would be interesting to hear the whole "bag story" however....

"Top O' the Mornin' te ya'll"...

elcapitan said:
Was this the captain that left a plane full of people at the gate for 45 minutes while he searched for his bag...

Never heard of this story about 45 minutes with pax onboard. Management has not even spun that line. The Captain was a victim. The assistant chief pilot was the problem. She offered no help in retreiving the Captain's bag even after two request for assistance and over 36 hours. Her only reply, "Wash your underwear in the hotel sink on your overnight". I wonder what the situation would have been if a male chief pilot told a female line pilot to wash her panties in the hotel sink on your overnight? He would likely be unemployed!

elcapitan said:

I would have fired the ramper(s) responsible for it and had a little talk with the asst. chief pilot (K Reed).

Then you would have a racial descrimination suit. "Crew Baggage- Leave on Board" has not been added to the Ebonics language curriculum yet, it's due out in 2025.

Then you get a sexual discrimination suit for picking on the only female CP.

Bottom line, you never win.

Practicing for my new job...... "Hello, welcome to Wal Mart"

Bizjet said:
"Wash your underwear in the hotel sink on your overnight". I wonder what the situation would have been if a male chief pilot told a female line pilot to wash her panties in the hotel sink on your overnight? He would likely be unemployed!

Couldn´t agree more with this comment! I wish they would get rid of her, but alas they would then have a lawsuit on there hands for sexism!

If a pilot suitcase is lost and is dumped on the nonsecure side of the airport at baggage claim, I'd report it to the TSA. That sounds like a perfect target for the terrorist to be looking for. All pilot suitcases are flagged with crew tags therefore they are an easy target to find.

I know that pilots carry pilot stuff, materials, manuals, uniforms, etc... in their suitcases. If my laptop was included, you could learn to fly the RJ with the Aerosim software.

Next time, I think it's your duty to call TSA, then the company and let the officials do their work. It may well result in an airport evacuation, but that's better than your uniform getting in to the hands of a terrorist.

We as pilots should be very aware of these types of risks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back