• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Contract!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh hell yea it's time to burn this hole to the ground that's the only way those paper pushing pieces of S hit are going to figure it out.

My Personal goals...
NOT to pick up ANY open time... Doesn't matter what they offer, short term monetary gains aren't worth long term sacrifice.

80%-90% A+16. If I can call the time a minute or two early or late, I forget the short term pay off at the end of the month and remember that every flight that doesn't arrive within 15 mins of schedule WILL affect SOMEONE'S bonus check. If his check gets cut enough he'll finally get motivated to get a contract done. If I need to eat, poop or sleep, those are all physiological needs and will happen before we board the first passenger.

BTW, the 4 day that I'm working right now has had 1 flight arrive within A+15, and I haven't even had to try. It's not a lot to ask, fly the contract, write up broken airplanes and DON'T HELP THE COMPANY!

As much as we might like to think they are stupid, they are playing the game very well.

Fly the contract. I am not picking up any open time! I am keeping my vacation. Don't ask for help with this lack of respect!

Fly the contract. I am not picking up any open time! I am keeping my vacation. Don't ask for help with this lack of respect!

Their letter was just a voluntary request for your vacation. If they want it they'll take it.

You don't have a new contract, because you haven't MADE them give you a new contract.

Bingo! We have a winner!

We won't get a contract until this place melts down. Think about being part of the solution instead of part of the problem. Every time you feel sorry for the people and go above & beyond your basic job description to keep things operating smoothly, you're part of the problem.

Took you four and a half years to realize that? Everytime I walk into ops I wanna b_tch-slap at least 10 guys! Until we grow some balls here, we'll never have a contract!

The unfortunate truth is that we have no one to blame but ourselves on this one!!! How many flights a day are being canceled at Comair right now? Why the hell can't we see that kind of unity at ASA? Well, I think Sinca said it best, YOU'RE all a bunch of pu$$ies!!! (That was obviously directed at my co-workers) :uzi:

If the ASA pilots want an example, look past CVG to DTW and MSP. The Mesaba pilots were going to walk off the job, strike injunction or no injunction. They brought MAIR holdings to its knees and managed to almost totally mitigate the concessions management was asking for. That took balls on the part of the pilot group. Our group 'aint got it.

Took you four and a half years to realize that? Everytime I walk into ops I wanna b_tch-slap at least 10 guys! Until we grow some balls here, we'll never have a contract!

:uzi:

Nope. I have been trying to give us some credit for 4.5 yrs, but my peers have let me down. They continue to bitch but do nothing about it, they continue to over look MX items so they can get done, they continue to pick up open time b/c "someone else will do it if I don't ", my peers are a bunch of hipocrites that can't seem to do what it takes.
I'm not sure how proffesional they really are any more?!?

I take it you two are the guys who fire bombed the cars at the GO. Which one of you slashed the tires on 741 the other day? Who took a crap on the throttles of ship 740? Oh wait none of those things have happened.

The Union managment doesn't care if this gets done... they are on the clock.

The company doesn't care because they are getting theirs.

The pilots don't care because they have finally figured out that there are better jobs out there. (OK that is not totally true apparently 129 people vote and care)

Obviously you aren't on the CR Lifer series. It has 70 seats in back and 1 guy up front praying for 65.

Congratulations on the discovery that you are at a regional... Now fire up that resume and make some room for the junior people who still see this as a pit stop.

Maxi Pad, you're a management shill straight from the GO. Why don't YOU grow some balls and take credit for your inflammatory attacks on our union leadership and your fellow pilots?

Last edited:
There is no doubt this will not get settled until the mediator declares an impasse, which this is....and releases us to a coolong off period. The company knows it can drag it out with their pathetic proposals until then. If the mediator keeps parking us, then we will get nowhere. It doesnt matter how much open time we pick up, or how many aircraft are downed for maint. The ball here is in the mediators court. We are not backing down, and neither is management. They desperately want us to accept less, and we won't do it.

There is no doubt this will not get settled until the mediator declares an impasse, which this is....and releases us to a coolong off period. The company knows it can drag it out with their pathetic proposals until then. If the mediator keeps parking us, then we will get nowhere. It doesnt matter how much open time we pick up, or how many aircraft are downed for maint. The ball here is in the mediators court. We are not backing down, and neither is management. They desperately want us to accept less, and we won't do it.

That won't happen because of the politics and money involved. The only way this will get settled if for the pilots to bring the company to its knees and make them WANT to settle.

Latest resources

Back