ASA Contract!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

The bottom line is I think we are all sick of this contract stuff. We are sick of the lack of respect mgt. shows us. The pay rates by 2010 are not worth staying for.

If ASA thinks they have trouble staffing the aircraft with pilots now, just wait. Everyone is looking for jobs! Even the 1 or 2 year FO. There is better opportunity elsewhere. I think it is amazing how many ASA pilots are looking at jobs outside of the airlines.

We also can not trust mgt and their numbers. The only numbers I can trust is ALPA.

I think ASA is going to have some real staffing issues soon.

I agree we need this contract done yesterday. Mgt. can kiss my -ss if they think I will vote a contract in with the pay rates they offered last time. Last year was a slow year for inflation of just 2.5%. We need a raise of the total inflation since 1998 + COLA every year for the terms of the new contract. You know I have a good idea. Why don't we get a raise every year of the rate of inflation + the 2% mgt is stuck on.

You don't have a new contract, because you haven't MADE them give you a new contract.

Supposed huge expansion out of LA soon, like 60 extra flights a day. Supposedly this was part of the DAL morning conference call this morning in LA. oh yea and it's ASA.................

You don't have a new contract, because you haven't MADE them give you a new contract.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am starting to think our pilots are a bunch of pu$$ies that talk a big game but don't do $hit to get their problems fixed.
Fire away.......

The issue at hand is that ASA pilots DO have the power to negotiate our terms however it could take a toll on their physical health. The company couldn't care less that your 12 hour overnight you need so badly has suddenly become 8. Top that off with a tardy van, and a lumpy mattress, and your next day is pure hell. Do you think ASA cares as long as the flights are completed eventually? Nope. That's why you hear guys calling for fuel, catering, pushing without headsets, etc., etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am starting to think our pilots are a bunch of pu$$ies that talk a big game but don't do $hit to get their problems fixed.
Fire away.......

Took you four and a half years to realize that? Everytime I walk into ops I wanna b_tch-slap at least 10 guys! Until we grow some balls here, we'll never have a contract!

The unfortunate truth is that we have no one to blame but ourselves on this one!!! How many flights a day are being canceled at Comair right now? Why the hell can't we see that kind of unity at ASA? Well, I think Sinca said it best, YOU'RE all a bunch of pu$$ies!!! (That was obviously directed at my co-workers) :uzi:

I take it you two are the guys who fire bombed the cars at the GO. Which one of you slashed the tires on 741 the other day? Who took a crap on the throttles of ship 740? Oh wait none of those things have happened.

The Union managment doesn't care if this gets done... they are on the clock.

The company doesn't care because they are getting theirs.

The pilots don't care because they have finally figured out that there are better jobs out there. (OK that is not totally true apparently 129 people vote and care)

The bottom line is I think we are all sick of this contract stuff. We are sick of the lack of respect mgt. shows us. The pay rates by 2010 are not worth staying for.

If ASA thinks they have trouble staffing the aircraft with pilots now, just wait. Everyone is looking for jobs! Even the 1 or 2 year FO. There is better opportunity elsewhere. I think it is amazing how many ASA pilots are looking at jobs outside of the airlines.

We also can not trust mgt and their numbers. The only numbers I can trust is ALPA.

I think ASA is going to have some real staffing issues soon.

Obviously you aren't on the CR Lifer series. It has 70 seats in back and 1 guy up front praying for 65.

Congratulations on the discovery that you are at a regional... Now fire up that resume and make some room for the junior people who still see this as a pit stop.

My Personal goals...
NOT to pick up ANY open time... Doesn't matter what they offer, short term monetary gains aren't worth long term sacrifice.

80%-90% A+16. If I can call the time a minute or two early or late, I forget the short term pay off at the end of the month and remember that every flight that doesn't arrive within 15 mins of schedule WILL affect SOMEONE'S bonus check. If his check gets cut enough he'll finally get motivated to get a contract done. If I need to eat, poop or sleep, those are all physiological needs and will happen before we board the first passenger.

BTW, the 4 day that I'm working right now has had 1 flight arrive within A+15, and I haven't even had to try. It's not a lot to ask, fly the contract, write up broken airplanes and DON'T HELP THE COMPANY!

As much as we might like to think they are stupid, they are playing the game very well.

Latest resources

Back