• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, I think the Alabama gulf coast (were I grew up) has a bigger problem than Baton Rouge.
For real though... this thread is dead.

If you, JSayre, honestly decide to bypass your recall I will pay to have the BP logo profesionally powder coated and painted onto my car and then creep through downtown Baton Rouge with live, oily pelicans strapped to my bumper.

Your move, J.
Thanks I needed that after the BM jacked up bid award! And by the way jsayre my post was not just based on this tread, I've had to listen to your drivel since your god given right to vote on whether we should should pay your cobra. I can't wait to get the other furlough's back though.

Thanks I needed that after the BM jacked up bid award! And by the way jsayre my post was not just based on this tread, I've had to listen to your drivel since your god given right to vote on whether we should should pay your cobra. I can't wait to get the other furlough's back though.

Don't know if you remember or not but I opted out of the furlough assistance. I also never took cobra. I would like to buy you a beer though.

Once your recall notice has been mailed out:

"A pilot will be allowed a period of ten (10) days within
which to notify the Company of his acceptance of recall."

I found it interesting to note that the company has no burden of proof regarding you having actually *received* your notice. They simply have to mail it.

They send the notices out via fedex with a tracking number and you have to sign for it. That way they know it is delivered.

Don't know if you remember or not but I opted out of the furlough assistance. I also never took cobra. I would like to buy you a beer though.

Me too, I also never signed for anything when I got my letter!

Last edited:
They send the notices out via fedex with a tracking number and you have to sign for it. That way they know it is delivered.

I thought so too, at first, but look at the language difference between being notified of furlough, and notified of recall:

A. Furlough
2. A pilot to be furloughed will be notified in writing either in
person or at the last address he has filed with the Company
by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by any other
expedited method, such as Express Mail, provided that such
method documents the sender and the recipient by signature
and date
sent.

1. Recall
c. A pilot will be notified of his recall in writing, either in
person or at the last address he has filed with the
Company, by any expedited method, such as Express
Mail, provided that such method documents the sender
and date sent.
Such notification will provide a pilot with a
fax telephone number to notify the Company of his
acceptance or rejection of recall.

They post the letter online to print out and fax back in so do you really need hard copy by mail? I don't know what would be in it. Any one know?

Latest resources

Back