• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked to david dixon today he said the way the contract is, you are expected to have your bypass preference on file with the CP office before recall notices are sent.

He also said that during the last group, the recalled pilots were given a chance at recall notice to state their preference.

His advice to me was to select your preference online and make sure it accurately reflects your recall preference. I had trouble changing mine with the online tool and have a support request in with IT...they called me back and confirmed that the web form didn't alter my recall preference and are working on it.

If you actually bypass a recall I will FedEx myself to the Gaza Strip wearing a "Jesus is my homeboy" tshirt.
Awesome, I'll buy the t-shirt. Exactly, this loudmouth will screw his current employer in a second, all in the name of "it's all about me screw you mantra".

wow... you guys are rough. I am asking for advice... trying to gather information from people with more experience to make the right decision for me. Yes, me. Now, people who know me personally know that I am the least bit selfish. But when it comes to this, I do what is best for me. Accepting a recall at ASA might not be what is best for me. Up until now, I thought the first recalls would probably get furloughed again after the drop off in the fall. But the news of today seems to shift that. Seems like it changes all the time. That would be bad to come back and get furloughed a 2nd time and then be out of two jobs. Funny out 80% of every one I talk to says I should come back but you, maxcackel, have a different opinion which I respect but doesn't mean you are right or wrong. However, call me a loudmouth all you want but you have no right to slam my character and lump me into the "me" generation. You do not know me. Everyone else making jokes about how they think I'd be the last person to bypass I don't mind. They have really good reasons to think that. But don't act like I want to "screw" anyone.

I have my answer I was looking for out of this thread. Thank you for the help to those who like to be constructive. I sincerely appreciate it.

END OF THREAD. it's that simple

If you, JSayre, honestly decide to bypass your recall I will pay to have the BP logo profesionally powder coated and painted onto my car and then creep through downtown Baton Rouge with live, oily pelicans strapped to my bumper.

Your move, J.

Latest resources

Back