ASA, Comair, Delta non-revs on Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tuna pimp said:
Really. This is news to me. (I don't nonrev on Skywest too often). Sort of bullcrap if you ask me. I think (but I'm not 100% certain) that Delta pays Skywest on an ASM buy (cost-plus) type schedule. That means Delta essentially charters the Skywest aircraft to fly where we want to them to fly. Which means DL is basically chartering the whole aircraft, and as such DL is buying all 50 seats on an OO aircraft every time. By extension, all 50 of those seats technically belong to Delta, not Skywest. Very interesting. You'd think Skywest would wise up and see that from a nonrev POV they have more to gain from DL than DL has to gain from them.

Delta employees do enjoy better benefits on Skywest aircraft both contract and non contract flights. And here they are:

Delta parents fly free on Skywest flights, Skywest parents pay on Delta
Delta buddy passes valid on Skywest flights, Skywest buddies dont fly Delta.

In case you were not aware, EMB operated flights out of SLC are NOT contract flights, only the CRJ flights are. HOWEVER, Delta is enjoying the same benefits on these non-contract flights as they are on contract ones. Guess Skywest could always yank that away from Delta, but they havent.

So, Delta is already getting a better deal out of this because of the contract flying.

Ask to speak with the captain...gate agents dont know $hit. Typically theyre busy The standard is to be polite and wait while they ignore your presence. You dont bombard them with questions because you acknowldege theyre busy and they have a job to do. And 15 minutes after the plane has pushed they still act busy so they dont have to face you...you turn your back for two seconds and theyre gone. If there has every been a grey area they dont want to take the time to research the right answer theyd just assume go with what they know. Ask to speak to the captain and have him look into it. SKYW captains from my experience have always extended themselves to help jumpseaters/other company employees. If that doesnt work then get the the retarded agents name and call your people.

do pilots and their families who work for skywest enjoy travel privileges with United Airlines?

Tom Hung said:
Ask to speak with the captain...gate agents dont know $hit. Typically theyre busy The standard is to be polite and wait while they ignore your presence. You dont bombard them with questions because you acknowldege theyre busy and they have a job to do. And 15 minutes after the plane has pushed they still act busy so they dont have to face you...you turn your back for two seconds and theyre gone. If there has every been a grey area they dont want to take the time to research the right answer theyd just assume go with what they know. Ask to speak to the captain and have him look into it. SKYW captains from my experience have always extended themselves to help jumpseaters/other company employees. If that doesnt work then get the the retarded agents name and call your people.

Why do I have this gut feeling your one of those crew members those "retard" gate agents think is a total jackass? Maybe there is a reason they ignore you and pretend your not there.

Thumbs up there trooper, your a champ!

Its sad metalhead metalmouth or motormouth...whichever you call yourself (original by the way) that after reading my thread stating a person waiting and standing patiently must indicate someone is a jackass... pull out your checklist and read that one again. Youre definately the one they refer to as "we get one every now and again thats slips throught the cracks" youre such a craig you doosh bag
oh and license to rock...take the rainbow sticker off your chart case

Tom Hung said:
Its sad metalhead metalmouth or motormouth...whichever you call yourself (original by the way) that after reading my thread stating a person waiting and standing patiently must indicate someone is a jackass... pull out your checklist and read that one again. Youre definately the one they refer to as "we get one every now and again thats slips throught the cracks" youre such a craig you doosh bag
oh and license to rock...take the rainbow sticker off your chart case

Doosh bag? Slips throught the cracks? Man, I might be somewhat insulted if you could spell right. Obvious what kind of rocket scientist you are. Oh wait, you like the word retard, maybe thats more of a better reference.

Ill add William, or er excuse me, Tom Hung to my "real bright one" list. Congrats your on the list!

And oh yea, your attempts to flame are pathetic at best. I advise finding a new hobby there William, like singing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back