asa cobra for the 80

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please keep in mind.
At CAL, we had the same vote for a COBRA assistance plan. Most everyone said, "oh yeah I am all for it" and "this will pass by a landslide, it did after 9-11". Well, I think we had a turnout of 700 or so votes out of a group of 4900. Not great turnout. The bigger shock was that it didn't pass by much.
The lesson is, although a majority of the pilot group may be for this, that mindset keeps some from logging in or calling to vote because they believe it will pass by a landslide without there vote. Those who are against this assistance plan are probably heartless SOB's. They will all hit the polls to save them $25 a month. Don't get complacent ASA pilots. Vote.

Also, management sees these voter turnouts. When 700 out of 4900 turn out for a fairly important vote, they quickly realize how "unified" the pilot group is. Take the time and vote on everything you can with the MEC/LEC. It will pay dividends in negotiations. I know I may be preaching to the choir here, because from my understanding, you are quite a unified group. Just keep it up.

Latest resources

Back