• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA clown show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now now, give BL a chance, I HAVE SEEN BRAND NEW equipment out there on the ramp. Yep! We have some brand new pink tag bag carts, got some new Lektros, I even saw some new (or refurb'd) tugs, and at least 4 brand new super tugs sitting together.

The problem is that they're just sitting there. Haven't seen them being used yet. And also! Mesa has finally moved out to the end of D concourse and I even saw one of their flights being handled on the south side of D.

John Pennekamp said:
And that pilot was called into the chief pilots office and verbally disciplined for "speaking to Mr Atkin that way".

Nothing's going to change. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

John, I am flying with the FO that took Jerry to BTR this month and he didn't say anything about the Capt. getting a carpet dance over the things they discussed. They were'nt rude just honest.

But, he said they told him that the treatment he was getting was opposite from what usually happens. Jerry said that was a shame because he didn't want it to be that way. Jerry couldn't believe that crew scheduling called the crew on their way in to tell them he would be on their airplane. Testa and Denota were chucking bags, all the normal services that every airplane that goes through ATL should get were done, as well new magazines, tray tables cleaned etc... Jerry said he wanted the flight to be as normal but that didn't happen.

He did have some interesting things to say about future TP flying that they bid for. He would not talk about the contract negotiations, but did talk about the traing dept and how inefficient it is for the pay. Go figure, I guess they don't work them hard enough for they pay.

GearUpLightsIn said:
I have to see this letter for myself to believe it, but maybe Bryan started to see the light when his punk a$$ had to sit around on an ATR bound for CHA last Friday night over an hour and a half late due to there being no ramp personel. If it were me personally I think I would have made a PA to the passengers on that flight to direct all complaints to seat 1A.

Awesome...great post.. and I like the pic as well

GearUpLightsIn said:
I have to see this letter for myself to believe it, but maybe Bryan started to see the light when his punk a$$ had to sit around on an ATR bound for CHA last Friday night over an hour and a half late due to there being no ramp personel. I also enjoyed listening to the FO of that flight trying to get some help on ops freq. "We have BL on board we need to go!" If it were me personally I think I would have made a PA to the passengers on that flight to direct all complaints to seat 1A.

That is by far the best avitar I've even seen! Thank you for the smile.

-Blucher:laugh:

GO AROUND said:
He did have some interesting things to say about future TP flying that they bid for. He would not talk about the contract negotiations, but did talk about the traing dept and how inefficient it is for the pay. Go figure, I guess they don't work them hard enough for they pay.

He's right. The training department is inefficient at this time. This is primarily due to the "Split" implemented last year by Charlie Tutt and Tom Sorrell. WHAT A WASTE!

The department was working well and well thought of by the pilots and the feds. But the company had to protect Tom and Darren and create an unnecessary department to assure them some management jobs. This new department has cost ASA well into 7 figures.

If Skywest management is reading this board, I hope they ask Tutt about the "FOD" group (Friends Of Darren). Tutt and others in management are well aware of them and have even made fun of them in some briefings. Talk about a waste.

anon said:
He's right. The training department is inefficient at this time. This is primarily due to the "Split" implemented last year by Charlie Tutt and Tom Sorrell. WHAT A WASTE!

The department was working well and well thought of by the pilots and the feds. But the company had to protect Tom and Darren and create an unnecessary department to assure them some management jobs. This new department has cost ASA well into 7 figures.

If Skywest management is reading this board, I hope they ask Tutt about the "FOD" group (Friends Of Darren). Tutt and others in management are well aware of them and have even made fun of them in some briefings. Talk about a waste.

How is the instructors pay structured that makes it "inefficient"?

:confused:Hopefully they told JA what NEEDS to be done around here before this place just MELTS DOWN!!! Employees not happy creates a BAD situation for ALL involved!

CFIT said:
How is the instructors pay structured that makes it "inefficient"?

If you put the SkyWest training department up next to the ASA training department the first major difference you will see is in the numbers of instructors. I think it is at least 2:1 in favor of ASA. More instructors = more cost, no new-hires = unit cost goes up.

GO AROUND said:
John, I am flying with the FO that took Jerry to BTR this month and he didn't say anything about the Capt. getting a carpet dance over the things they discussed. They were'nt rude just honest.

But, he said they told him that the treatment he was getting was opposite from what usually happens. Jerry said that was a shame because he didn't want it to be that way. Jerry couldn't believe that crew scheduling called the crew on their way in to tell them he would be on their airplane. Testa and Denota were chucking bags, all the normal services that every airplane that goes through ATL should get were done, as well new magazines, tray tables cleaned etc... Jerry said he wanted the flight to be as normal but that didn't happen.

Yes, I read it on the ALPA message board.

Latest resources

Back