• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Closes LAX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LAX closed officially in June. LaBreque memo on ourASA. Says a different partner is going to operate out of there for Delta. Congrats Expressjet (hopefully its them!). If it is Expressjet, that'll help out our contract rates a bit. Thanks Expressjet guys for having a great contract, one of the few out there!

Says the new LAX partner will be announced early next week.

I called this one, as well as SLC. It was quicker than I thought, though

More money wasted by our dumba$$ management and DELTA!

My Delta My A$$

But God forbid we get a cost of living raise!

701EV

ASA to close LAX domicile 02/23/2007 To: All ASA People
Subject: ASA to close LAX domicile

Today, ASA leaders shared with our Los Angeles-based team members, Delta’s decision to partner with a different regional airline for service out of LAX beginning with the June 2007 schedule. There is no question that this decision is a difficult one to share considering the great job our crews in L.A. have done since opening our LAX domicile just over two months ago.

Although Delta’s new LAX-based partner will not be announced until early next week, it is sure to be a better fit than ASA for Delta’s expansion into Mexico and the west coast of the United States. As usual, our team stepped up to do everything they were asked to do. But despite our best efforts, the move for us to operate out of Los Angeles was logistically inefficient from all other perspectives. Delta ultimately recognized this and concluded that requiring ASA to continue flying from there was not efficient for either airline.

Fortunately, all six LAX-based ASA aircraft will remain within ASA’s fleet and will be transferred for use in the Atlanta operation between May 15 and June 7, 2007. By the time we’re operating our June 2007 schedule, ASA will not operate any flights from LAX, and the crew domicile there will be closed.

The past two years have not been easy for hundreds of ASA people affected by major change at our airline. In that time, we’ve asked some of our people to move from Dallas, from Salt Lake City and now, from Los Angeles, to support the routes Delta asks us to fly. Through it all, the spirit of ASA people has been obvious through your passion for flying and customer service.

My sincere gratitude goes out to each and every ASA team member dealing with the changes being made daily to strengthen our airline – especially those directly affected by today’s news. Your flexibility and continued support of our airline will help ASA move closer to achieving our vision of becoming the most trusted and respected regional airline.

Thank you for what you do every day for ASA and for each other.

-Bryan

And the market says ASA pilots cant be paid more? Yeah! Right!
Medeco

...this should help the contract neg.

mgt said no new a/c once...buuuuut, we now have a net GAIN of what, 8 CR7s?

Big D has this magical (d!ck in a) box cost thing they want the DCIs to fit in. yet, like as said above, XJ has better rates than we do.

I wonder how ASA management is going to spin this. I bet they are really pissed off at Delta. No excuses for subpar rates now. A carrier with an excellent contract and rates is taking over our routes. I guess pay rates really dont matter so much! Haha expect mgmt's contract proposal to come up a bit now.

At least we will no longer have people ....ed off at us on both coasts now.

BL actually referred to himself and others as leaders. Everyone knows JA tells him what to do. The main thing is to keep the ASA pilots down so JA doesn't have to pay SW pilots if we get a better contract. (And keep us down to fight off ALPA at SW.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back