ASA Clark Howell...!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

73belair

Well I know there are a few like me who "missed" the move to lot 3 and are stuck in lot 2.
If you don't know...

If you "miss" your chance at lot 3 you are put at the bottom of the list. Not in seniority order like EVERYTHING else in the airlines, where your (date or number) means something. You are put at the BOTTOM of the list and the date you "missed" your opportunity to get lot 3 becomes, effectively your new "hire date" (yes I'm using a lot of quotes). So not only is that not right, but now they have increased the time it takes for the bus to go from the lot to C or D term.
The bus now is required to stop at all the airtran stops as well as the one we had. This makes the ride now almost 20min to get to C term.
Did they add an extra bus to make it better? Not a chance. $hit like this I don't get. All we are trying to do is to get to work to do our jobs. Now if we have, say a 5:15 duty in we have to take a 4:40 bus just to get there and sit around until out duty in time rolls around. WTF!?
I sent a RIF in today and really would love if everyone in lot 2 would also send one. Complain about the lack of busses! You all know that you see 3 lot 3 busses for every 1 lot 2 bus. Make it known! Maybe something might happpen. I know its a long shot, but what else can we do?
I've talked all the way up to Charley Tutt about this, and their answer is "its not our department".

Dude, if you didn't care enough to take care of your Lot 3 parking pass when you had the chance then you should suffer the consequences. This is Mickey Mouse chit. The pilots at ASA have bigger fish to fry.

Double dues time...that sucks....I think I'll go make a vodka and soda and wait for the bus, I'll be legal by the time I get to work....LOL

Welcome back!

Yeah, that sucks bro. Lot 3 of course has its problems as well and I have sent in a RIF about it. Usual response, contracted out, ASA can't do anything about it, blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse.
While we're on the bus rant,the bus issue definitely needs to be addressed, because one of these days one of us will either die from gas poisening from the leaking heater or a piece of luggage missiled towards us that was stored behind you because there's not enough luggage rack space on the bus or we'll simply be torpedoed out front because we had to stand because there's not enough seats for all of us to sit. And what's up with all of these "scheduled' breaks anyway???
The lot 2 to lot 3 offer was announced using various methods, maybe if you would have showed up to work once in a while and not have gone outbacking in the land down under you would have gotten the memo...

Last edited:
I get depressed every time I wait for the bus and see good looking young flight attendants at Airtan running to and fro across the way . . .

WWEfan said:
Dude, if you didn't care enough to take care of your Lot 3 parking pass when you had the chance then you should suffer the consequences. This is Mickey Mouse chit. The pilots at ASA have bigger fish to fry.

Spoken like a true Atlantan. "Its not happening to me, so I don't care."

letthebigdogeat said:
Yeah, that sucks bro. Lot 3 of course has its problems as well and I have sent in a RIF about it. Usual response, contracted out, ASA can't do anything about it, blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse.
While we're on the bus rant,the bus issue definitely needs to be addressed, because one of these days one of us will either die from gas poisening from the leaking heater or a piece of luggage missiled towards us that was stored behind you because there's not enough luggage rack space on the bus or we'll simply be torpedoed out front because we had to stand because there's not enough seats for all of us to sit. And what's up with all of these "scheduled' breaks anyway???
The lot 2 to lot 3 offer was announced using various methods, maybe if you would have showed up to work once in a while and not have gone outbacking in the land down under you would have gotten the memo...

I wish I was going to Australia. That was the wife and for a family emergency.
Yeah lot 3 was announced using a piece of paper that, at the time, was posted a different spot every time. Now because so many people bitched they've kept it in one spot, and I noticed its a manditory read on flica.

What does it matter?

What does it matter? We are losing both lots anyways and all moving to Camp Creek by then end of summer, or so the rumor goes. Looking forward to a 1/2 hour ride to work.
Peace

Moving from Lot 3???

What does it matter? We are losing both lots anyways and all moving to Camp Creek by then end of summer, or so the rumor goes. Looking forward to a 1/2 hour ride to work.
Peace

Why would we lose lot 3? I did hear something a coupld years ago about construction in that area but never heard what it was. Anyone know?

Tim47SIP said:
Peace

Why would we lose lot 3? I did hear something a coupld years ago about construction in that area but never heard what it was. Anyone know?

The airport authority wanted to make Lot 3 into public parking, but it has apparantly been determined that it is too close to 27R-9L, so they can't do that. Maybe for that reason we can keep it.

Latest resources

Back