Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinT

Remember the Alamo
Hey Guys, I am sure all of you got your Christmas Memo from Bryan Labrecque. It took me a 4 day trip to figure out how best to respond. I figured that since he sent me a memo that he was probably going to sit at his desk and wait for my response. Well, I have sent him one. It simply said:

Thank you for your Christmas Memo. However, My Union speaks for Me.

Sincerely,

Sign your name.

Should you wish to do the same, here is his company email address:

[email protected]

Let's fill it up!

Fly Safe,

T

Well I actually thought he might be telling the truth considering the up-teen times he and his minions have been in the crew lounge spewing how 'they are really ready now to negotiate a contract" and " we want to get this over with now".

I actually was hopeful.....then I see this dipsh!t memo.

They are not ready for jack squat, they are wanting consessions....

NOT GONNA HAPPEN BRYAN...GET OVER IT!!!!

VOTING YES on strike ballot

My union speaks for me too.

GT50M

goodto50meters said:
VOTING YES on strike ballotGT50M

Did I hear something about a strike??

Music to my ears. I am still waiting for a pilot group to show some courage and put out some return fire for the past 4 years.

My union speaks for me!! I am a professional and I expect to be paid and treated like one or I am out.

Well folks the begining of a new year is around the corner. Our new president has said over and over forget about the past! What happened in the past isn't something we can change now. He wants us to "have the vision" and believe everything he says is the god honest truth. What Mr. Labreqcue seems to not understand is we have NO reason to believe him or his cronies! Think of all the managment rhetoric being spewed everywhere at all levels at all airlines.....including good ole ASA. Why should any of us believe them? Why should I or any of my fellow pilots believe anything ASA managment says without PROOF!!! Show me some goodwill Mr. Labrecque, show me you aren't full of $hit and you really mean what you say! I will not, nor should any of my companions, believe anything out of your mouth or from your desk with out past PROOF that you mean what you say. I haven't seen a single thing happen that you say will happen. I haven't been respected by my peers in the ASA family and I sure am not willing to risk my profession or my job for a Hope that you are a honest man. Show me, no show US some reason to believe you and maybe we can work together to make his airline run. Until then I will continue to be skepitcal of everything YOU and ALL of ASA managment has to say!
Happy New Year
Sinca3

Last edited:
If anybody has read the BL memo and cannot see that the companies next proposal will be concessionary and include paycuts of some sort is dreaming!!!
They are going to shove the proposal to Comair down our throats, Skywests 700 pay down our throats, and Mesa and CHQ's contracts down our throats. There is NO WAY BL or anyone at Skywest will allow us to walk away with some industry leading contract! They will threaten the loss of ANY chance of growth, which may or may not be true! No, this will get ugly long before we get a quick resolution as BL states they now want! I have a feeling that after Comair takes their new cuts, and SKYW being non-union and already pretty cheap that it will be ASA that will be the sacrificial lamb for Delta as the odd man out.

Sinca3 said:
Well folks the begining of a new year is around the corner. Our new president has said over and over forget about the past! What happened in the past isn't something we can change now. He wants us the "have the vision" and believe everything he says is the god honest truth. What Mr. Labreqcue seems to not understand is we have NO reason to believe him or his cronies! Think of all the managment rhetoric being spewed everywhere at all levels at all airlines.....including good ole ASA. Why should any of us believe them? Why should I or any of my fellow pilots believe anything ASA managment says without PROOF!!! Show me some goodwill Mr. Labrecque, show me you aren't full of $hit and you really mean what you say! I will not, nor should any of my companions, believe anything out of your mouth or from your desk with out past PROOF that you mean what you say. I haven't seen a single thing happen that you say will happen. I haven't been respected by my peers in the ASA family and I sure am not willing to risk my profession or my job for a Hope that you are a honest man. Show me, no show US some reason to believe you and maybe we can work together to make his airline run. Until then I will continue to be skepitcal of everything YOU and ALL of ASA managment has to say!
Happy New Year
Sinca3

Very well said Sinca! It should also be noted that our new system CP, ex-windy city dude, is on record saying he can't honor our current agreement but he is committed to honoring the next one. This week should provide us a good idea as to where the company stands, I think the memo is just a preview. Hopefully the next negotiaters update, it'll come out this weekend most likely, will give us some good direction. Barring some miracle I'm thinking those strike vote fence sitters may jump in to the "yes" pile.

Best wishes to our negotiating team, they have been at it with these morons for some time and I don't envy their job!

79%N1 said:
If anybody has read the BL memo and cannot see that the companies next proposal will be concessionary and include paycuts of some sort is dreaming!!!
They are going to shove the proposal to Comair down our throats, Skywests 700 pay down our throats, and Mesa and CHQ's contracts down our throats. There is NO WAY BL or anyone at Skywest will allow us to walk away with some industry leading contract! They will threaten the loss of ANY chance of growth, which may or may not be true! No, this will get ugly long before we get a quick resolution as BL states they now want! I have a feeling that after Comair takes their new cuts, and SKYW being non-union and already pretty cheap that it will be ASA that will be the sacrificial lamb for Delta as the odd man out.

79%,

No doubt that CMR turd will show up soon, but a lot of people still have this fear that if we push it too far we'll be replaced tomorrow. The fact is we have quite a leg to stand on any way you slice it. We have some 150 airplanes that if we walked away from Skywest would have lots of splain'in to do because DAL would probably have to shut its doors because its only profitible hub in ATL just lost a huge part of its feed. Yeah they may survive a few weeks but the service interuption would hurt DAL in a fatal way. Combine that with the fact a good chunk of Skywest Inc.'s business revolves around DAL existance. Think about it!

I don't want to strike, and it would put some financial pressure on me and my family. But there comes a point when this job is no longer worth it. ASA has shown time and again that they really don't care about its front line employees and their lives. They'll come out and serve xmas dinner and such but that doesn't make up for the extensions, jr. mans, payroll screw ups, $hitty lines, etc. They only care about those in the Ivory Tower! Management will have you believe we are asking for the moon and the stars! We aren't!!!! We are asking for a fair contract. It isn't like they need to look too far, there is another Skywest Inc. airline with some pretty good stuff with the exception of 700 pay. The company thinks that is too much. Enough is enough!

Vote YES!!!!

Enough is enough, and after 5+ years in the airlines and NEVER EARNING OVER $40,000/year I am ready to walk away from this BS and striking is just the excused I need to leave with my head up high! This job is nothing but a continuous slide backwards day after day, year after year!!! The proposed paycuts for not only the jr FO's at Comair, but the Senior Captains is frightening and earth shattering!!!! At least Comair once showed us that a reional guy could make a nice living in either seat! Those days are gone now!
WHATS LEFT???? I cant get to the left seat to build PIC to get to a real job because ASA hasnt had an upgrade in like a billion years. And once a guy does upgrade here he is schedulings reserve cronie forever! It is rediculous........

Anyway, I'm voting yes! MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back