ASA charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Does a charter flight abide by Part 121 for duty time? I saw a charter for pickup. I have a roundtrip prior, but it would put me over 14 hours of duty time. I submitted an "evaluate" and it approved it. That does not make sense unless it's not 121 anymore.

What does your contract say? I know in Xjt they can't schedule us beyond 13.5 hours unless we volunteer for a deadhead home.

The part-121 limit is 16 hours (with reduced rest) so I don't see why that would be an issue.

Last edited:
Does a charter flight abide by Part 121 for duty time? I saw a charter for pickup. I have a roundtrip prior, but it would put me over 14 hours of duty time. I submitted an "evaluate" and it approved it. That does not make sense unless it's not 121 anymore.

I believe Skedplus is setup to approve it under the argument that a request to do pick it up is an agreement to waive the max scheduled duty section of the agreement.

Ran into this issue when a scheduler "courtesy" called me at midnight to tell me the team wanted to leave 1 hour earlier and my duty in was now 5:15am.

Latest resources

Back