Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CDHP going up $700 next year for families? Switch back to ppo?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our PPO and HDHC plans. They are basically the same max out of pocket.

Our PPO and HDHC plans. They are basically the same max out of pocket.

I am not an expert but, the max out off pocket for a family under the PPO and the CDHP are calculated differently. Under the PPO a family has two different out of pocket maximums, an individual or a family. Whereas the CDHP there is not an individual max and only a family max. So if a family has one person that has an illness, under the PPO they apply the the individual max where under the CDHP that individual has to meet the family max. Now lets say a second person becomes ill then under the PPO that individual must meet their max OR family max which ever comes first, Under the CDHP the max has already been met by the previous illness.

I am not an expert but, the max out off pocket for a family under the PPO and the CDHP are calculated differently. Under the PPO a family has two different out of pocket maximums, an individual or a family. Whereas the CDHP there is not an individual max and only a family max. So if a family has one person that has an illness, under the PPO they apply the the individual max where under the CDHP that individual has to meet the family max. Now lets say a second person becomes ill then under the PPO that individual must meet their max OR family max which ever comes first, Under the CDHP the max has already been met by the previous illness.

I don't think that is correct. There should be an individual and a family deductible for each plan. But the out of pocket maximum should be the a set amount regardless I believe.

But no me answered my question. What are the out of pocket maximums for each plan?

CDHP Single: $3,200
Two-Party/Family: $6,400

PPO $2,500 per individual
$5,000 per family

Latest resources

Back