ASA Capt Brian Wilson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

astroglider

Don't know how many of you read the recent letter to the editor (AvWeek Magazine Jan. 1st) penned by ASA Capt. Brian Wilson. It's caustically entitled "Delta's Unrealistic Pilot's".

The letter pissed off a more than a few DAL pilots...however after some "googling" and a few message board searches. Turns out this guy is an ASA management hack! All you have to do is search his name on this msg board for most of the details on this guy. What a loser!

Not even worthy of a reply letter, but I'll send one anyway in the hope of setting the record straight.

If anyone on this board is acquainted with this @$$hole....pass on this message. The Delta pilot's just added his name to "the list", you know the one...the list that those RJ Defense guys are on.

Remember those right? Those were the guys who took DALPA pilot's strike support money during the Comair strike then to thank us turned around and sued DALPA for our Scope clause restrictions. Now I'll bet those guys wish they had stronger Scope clauses in their contract. Serves'em right.

Astro

I saw that letter and it pissed me off. I was wondering who the heck that guy was.

But now I remember.....all the ills of the airline industry are the pilots fault. Silly me.

I left ASA a few years ago. When I was there this guy was in Crew Planning or something. I didn't know that he was a pilot, much less a Captain of anything.

Don't know how many of you read the recent letter to the editor (AvWeek Magazine Jan. 1st) penned by ASA Capt. Brian Wilson. It's caustically entitled "Delta's Unrealistic Pilot's".

The letter pissed off a more than a few DAL pilots...however after some "googling" and a few message board searches. Turns out this guy is an ASA management hack! All you have to do is search his name on this msg board for most of the details on this guy. What a loser!

Not even worthy of a reply letter, but I'll send one anyway in the hope of setting the record straight.

If anyone on this board is acquainted with this @$$hole....pass on this message. The Delta pilot's just added his name to "the list", you know the one...the list that those RJ Defense guys are on.

Remember those right? Those were the guys who took DALPA pilot's strike support money during the Comair strike then to thank us turned around and sued DALPA for our Scope clause restrictions. Now I'll bet those guys wish they had stronger Scope clauses in their contract. Serves'em right.

Astro

So, what did he say? Know the guy from corporate flying days. About the biggest tool I have ever met. Gets off on being what he perceives to be a big fish in a little pond.

Do you have a link for the article? I have no ties to DAL or ASA but would like to see what this guy said. Post a link if you can.

I posted this in the Regionals section last August

1999: Brian, me and my sim partner Sean S. are practicing on oral questions prior to our captain's rides in the EMB-120.

Brian asks me - so, you're holding over Macon, ATL's closed, how low will you let your gas get before you divert to Macon?

I said I wanted to be able to fly to ATL, shoot an approach, come back to Macon and land with 45 minutes of gas. I thought this is what he was looking for.

Brian then states that he would have no problem in DEPARTING macon for ATL with 400 pounds! (The Brasilia burned about 1000/ hour).

When I had recovered sufficiently, I asked him what he would do if the runway was closed in ATL. "I'd just land on another one." What if ALL of them were closed? "I'd just land on a taxiway." I asked if he was seriously talking about landing a Part 121 aircraft with passengers on a taxiway. He said sure.

Brian W and John G are the two main reasons I left that place. Somebody thank them for me.

Steve G
ASA Class of 1999

Don't feel too special, Delta guys. He blames ASA pilots for all the woes here as well. He's also really good at writing articles. He wrote an article for our Flight Ops. publication a while back that was essentially a fictitious story about an ASA pilot's family dying in an ASA plane crash because the pilots forgot to update their Jepps and hit a tower or some such thing. I truly enjoy being lectured to like I'm in kindergarten. The man is more or less a joke here at ASA. He certainly is not representative of the ASA pilot group in any way.

Latest resources

Back