• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: "Call sign only" in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if any of you are three ATR crews who were in the long departure line on 26L last night (with the lightening show all around us), and who volunteered to take 11,000 as a final so I could turn you out of the way for the jet traffic - thanks a bunch for the teamwork!! It really helped the flow move more efficiently.

I actually prefer that when there is convective activity....We don't burn much more by staying low and it's actually easier to get around the weather down low.....

I guess 4000 as a final to DHN isn't going to work when I have to go to the RJ...Oh well....

By the way would you guys prefer we put that little bug in the ear of the Clearance Delivery folks before we get out there?

I used to ask clearance for 4000 up to CHA all the time! Satellite dept just gave us own nav and I just flew up 75, jogged a bit right at Hwy 92, flashed the ldg lights at my kids in the yard and pressed on!!!
Worked fine and got out of the way in a hurry especially if gnd took us off 8L or 26R! Sucked to have to go to the RJ.....

Since we're on rant mode in this thread...

Seriously people, why is that, on the CRJ, every time we make any sort of heading change be it only 2 degrees, that one must center the heading bug EVERY TIME. Some people are addicted to that, I think there's nicotine hidden in that heading select knob somewhere...

Nothing else to do.

And if any of you are three ATR crews who were in the long departure line on 26L last night (with the lightening show all around us), and who volunteered to take 11,000 as a final so I could turn you out of the way for the jet traffic - thanks a bunch for the teamwork!! It really helped the flow move more efficiently.[/quote]

Yup, that was me, in 4707, the first ATR to go. The lightning show was getting closer by the second, I didn't want to get stuck. There was a small cell just over downtown when we left, no worries though.

Gonna second a question already asked, but is there any way to get this request offered/granted on a more regular basis? Ask Clearance? The fuel burn usually isn't a problem, and I'm probably not gonna climb over a good sized cell in the ATR. Flights to MGM, CHA, and AVL are all good candidates for this.

Since we're on rant mode in this thread...

Seriously people, why is that, on the CRJ, every time we make any sort of heading change be it only 2 degrees, that one must center the heading bug EVERY TIME. Some people are addicted to that, I think there's nicotine hidden in that heading select knob somewhere...

You're joking right? Thats the biggest thing you have to complain about??

oh yea...and hang up the company David Clark headsets you leave out for the next crew when you leave the airplane. I'm good....I've got some Telex's I use.

Yea this has been bugging the crap out of me lately! PUT THEM AWAY! I dont even want to touch those germ ridden things! I had a guy on IOE come off the airplane and leave the headsets nicely hung up on the chart holder for me.....I told him to go back and put them away I am not a cheap ass and own my own pair of $200 paycheck deductable Telex! The next f/o that leaves company headsets behind I am going to put something in his mailbox! . Also stop crossing the seat belts in the cockpit! .....Thank you!

Call Sign Only.

Its not just ASA. Last night there was a Delta, Air Tran, Delta and yes my FO also. The controller chuckeled as we went across. Everybody needs to pay attention to what is said.

701EV

The best is when a mainline flight screws it up.

Shamrock, we all slip up at some point!

I understand, everyone slips up and it's amusing when Delta does it, they were the 3 non-ASA's I mentioned. Thing is, you usually you get maybe one out of every 5 doing the full readback but yesterday it took 5 clearances to get just one crew to respond with "call sign only".

It was just sad.

It seems that radio professionalism has taken a back seat during the "ME & I'M COOL" era.....

....don't get much practice when all your experience is in the pattern at DAB.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back