ASA: "Call sign only" in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Folks, is it really that hard to understand that when a controller tells you "call sign only", he just might mean "call sign only"?

I realize that the reduction of Freedom flying in Atlanta requires an extra effort from us all to fill the "bonehead moment" quota, but when ASA makes up 7 out of 10 of the crews that read back "cross 27L, join Mike (Lima), point 75" after the controller says "call sign only" it makes the rest of us look and sound like idiots. Trust me, I don't need any help making an idiot out of myself and my crew (just ask Stifler or Hoser) so listen up dammit!

Since we're on rant mode in this thread...

Seriously people, why is that, on the CRJ, every time we make any sort of heading change be it only 2 degrees, that one must center the heading bug EVERY TIME. Some people are addicted to that, I think there's nicotine hidden in that heading select knob somewhere...

Seriously people, why is that, on the CRJ, every time we make any sort of heading change be it only 2 degrees, that one must center the heading bug EVERY TIME. Some people are addicted to that, I think there's nicotine hidden in that heading select knob somewhere...

HA HA HA. John Anderson did that all the time. After flying with him and realizing he was mostly all bark, I'd reach up and move the heading knob a few degrees off center when he wasn't looking just to mess with him.

It must be some form of OCD....and now I find myself doing that too. :confused:

oh yea...and hang up the company David Clark headsets you leave out for the next crew when you leave the airplane. I'm good....I've got some Telex's I use.

What else do you have to do? Centering the bug is good for a full 30 seconds of work over the course of a 1.5 hour flight. That's 30 seconds I don't have to stare aimlessly out the window.:D

I think for the most part, you (ASA) does really well with what we ask. I do not think ASA is guilty of overdoing the "call sign only" requests. In fact, I think you guys probably do it better than DAL and TRS! Thanks for the coorperation!

And if any of you are three ATR crews who were in the long departure line on 26L last night (with the lightening show all around us), and who volunteered to take 11,000 as a final so I could turn you out of the way for the jet traffic - thanks a bunch for the teamwork!! It really helped the flow move more efficiently.

Latest resources

Back