• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$$ ASA Bonus $$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"You may be able to affect the tax consequences some by immediately submitting a W-4 and claim the maximum exemptions. Or, you can simply file your 2007 tax return at the end of January to reconcile and claim any excess taxes paid above your 2007 tax liability (safest action.)"

Yeah....right! Good luck trying to get the monkeys at the GO to adjust your W4 in a timely manner. It just took them over 5 weeks to process a simple address change for me. I wouldn't take this route....if we get it in December you'll get the refund soon enough next year.

Bonuses are always taxed at 29%--this is to allow the government to get a little "float" from all the executive compensation that eventually is refunded back in April.

Sucks when it is a $500 and you qualify for food stamps.

After the tax man wraps it in sand paper and shoves it up your a$$...ask yourself if the remainder was worth FIVE YEARS of negotiations.

This pathetic signing bonus/retro pay is embarassing.

Can you just up your 401K contribution to 100% for a few weeks to cover the check with the bonus in it? Then change it back down to normal afterwards?

I never said I voted for it, I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the little money I'm limping away from this mess with.

I wasn't picking on you, and I don't fault those who voted for it. This was a war of attrition.

A rep told me December 15th, 1.95% alpa, 40% tax, No 401k, and no official November 20th senority snap shot for total amount. Why no list from the mec I don't know, I guess I will trust my check is correct as it allways is?

"You may be able to affect the tax consequences some by immediately submitting a W-4 and claim the maximum exemptions. Or, you can simply file your 2007 tax return at the end of January to reconcile and claim any excess taxes paid above your 2007 tax liability (safest action.)"

Yeah....right! Good luck trying to get the monkeys at the GO to adjust your W4 in a timely manner. It just took them over 5 weeks to process a simple address change for me. I wouldn't take this route....if we get it in December you'll get the refund soon enough next year.

I changed my W4 last week and it was done the same day...

there is a loa that company has to pay the bonus within 30 days after union submits the distribution formula to the company....

Latest resources

Back