Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777_Jackpot

Bang!
I have a quick question for the ASA pilots.

From what I have read on the threads, Dallas is a junior base. Is there any particular reason that more seniority doesn't end up in Dallas?

Just kinda curious.

Thanks
777JP

To answer your question simply, nobody wants to live in Dallas. Also the commute from ATL to DFW is difficult at best.

I think people are starting to realize that in order to upgrade and get the captain time, you have to come to Dallas and therefore the senority will increase over time. That is my best guess. Who knows?

Yeah... ATL is a gem! (NOT!)

If you are going to sit reserve... Which a new hire will, DFW is WAY!! better than ATL. You arn't likely to get shot in your apartment while you sit waiting for a phone call.

Nobody wants to live Dallas, that's the funniest thing I've heard. Dallas is a newer base therefore more senior people are in ATL. ATl has to be the biggest dump of a city with the worst operation. Everything flows so much smoother in DFW. The main reason ATL people dont come out DFW is probably because their afraid to taxi around and they don't know what runway their gonna get 200 miles out.

...or it could be because there's not a hill or a tree in the entire state of Texas. Perhaps they cut them all down for fear that y'all would discover how to make books.

Or you could be based in ATL on the CR7 and spend all of you time flying out of DFW.

I have lived in both places and I will take ATL over DFW any day of the week.

FL000,

Wow, you must have such as vast understanding of Texas from your comments. Let's start shooting holes in your not so accurate description. Have you ever been to east Texas, you know, fly on the E on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. That area is called the pinney woods area. We call that, WOW, you guessed it for the trees out there. As for being flat, have you ever been to west Texas. Once again, you fly on the W on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. Out there we have mountains, not the hill you call Stone Mountain. In fact, the highest point in Texas is Guadalupe Peak which rises to 8,749' MSL.

So, once again, what were you trying to say about the Great State of Texas son?

TWA 2 ASA FO said:
FL000,

Wow, you must have such as vast understanding of Texas from your comments. Let's start shooting holes in your not so accurate description. Have you ever been to east Texas, you know, fly on the E on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. That area is called the pinney woods area. We call that, WOW, you guessed it for the trees out there. As for being flat, have you ever been to west Texas. Once again, you fly on the W on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. Out there we have mountains, not the hill you call Stone Mountain. In fact, the highest point in Texas is Guadalupe Peak which rises to 8,749' MSL.

So, once again, what were you trying to say about the Great State of Texas son?
Just firin' back at two equally ignernt posts, boy.

>>>Wow, you must have such as vast understanding of Texas from your comments. Let's start shooting holes in your not so accurate description. Have you ever been to east Texas, you know, fly on the E on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. That area is called the pinney woods area. We call that, WOW, you guessed it for the trees out there. As for being flat, have you ever been to west Texas. Once again, you fly on the W on the compass from Dallas / Ft Worth. Out there we have mountains, not the hill you call Stone Mountain. In fact, the highest point in Texas is Guadalupe Peak which rises to 8,749' MSL.<<

What does any of that have to do with being based in DALLAS?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back