• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ATR Displacements Begin!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not in denial, but you two are depressing.

In an optimistic view, we had alot fewer COMA lines than I would have guessed, and SH says that it "Looks" like Sept, Oct will be the lowest block hours coming, so I just dont see it like you two, YET anyway.

Medeco

It's not a matter of denial for me. I'll make the best of my situation right now. I've gone through worse in my career than falling back onto reserve. It's what it is. Our QOL will be taking a hit for the next few months. People are going back to FO, that were Captains. Line holders are going back to reserve, line values are dropping, etc.

Now, without getting into a whole "my situation is worse than yours" crap that is/was going on, on the ALPA board, we are all going to feel the pinch one way or another.

Other airlines are furloughing, luckily we aren't at the moment....a positive to hold onto. For me, I am fortunate that I will hang onto my Capt. seat for now. I know 39 others won't be as fortunate.

Last edited:
Those that are lineholders are at least going to get a lot of time off next month. Sure the line values are only at 75, but I'd be happy with the 16-17 days off...

I was getting 23-25 days off on reserve on the ATR this summer. Wonder what its going to be like this fall? Can ya say 2nd job?:D

I expect FedEx's Mountain Air Cargo unit will grab these and someday when we fly 787's to the desert someone will come pick us up in 630AS.

I flew as a passenger on an ASA ATR a couple of months ago and had a chat with the captain. He told me Fedex already bought ASA's ATRs. I don't know how many are going to the Mountain, but they have hired a lot of new FO's lately, and upgraded 8-10 so far this year. Something is happening, since there are caribbean runs starting and available, and Miami contractors waiting for the ax.

If anybody is interested, the mountain is still hiring, and soon will not have FO's to upgrade.

Latest resources

Back