• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA April Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think that has anything to do with what bidding system you guys happen to be using.

It absolutely does. The way PBS systems run you end up with alot of left over trips. Trips that arent worth alot, odd pairings that dont fit on anyone's schedule. Couple that with poor trip production which you guys are now seeing and what you end up with is a ton of guys on reserve that end up flying 60-80 hours a month.

I could be that our PBS system was written in FORTRAN in the 70's though. It the same system that caused the Christmas melt down years ago. Its so old when anything goes wrong they cant find anyone to fix it.

Still PBS suxs. Dont let them do it to you guys.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Hey can someone help me figure out how to bid in this order: Naps - 3 days - 4 days..

I can't seem to get it to do it in that order.

Now I know I badmouth naps all the time, but I need to be home daily next month and that's the only option.

It absolutely does. The way PBS systems run you end up with alot of left over trips. Trips that arent worth alot, odd pairings that dont fit on anyone's schedule. Couple that with poor trip production which you guys are now seeing and what you end up with is a ton of guys on reserve that end up flying 60-80 hours a month.

I could be that our PBS system was written in FORTRAN in the 70's though. It the same system that caused the Christmas melt down years ago. Its so old when anything goes wrong they cant find anyone to fix it.

Still PBS suxs. Dont let them do it to you guys.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

This is inaccurate. The PBS system is completely different and separate from the old SBS scheduling system. Just as is the FA's bidding system, which is a diffent program than the pilots.

Ahem.

Arent they thinning down the lines to utilize everyone instead of more furloughs?

I disagree. We furloughed in Feb, and the March lines were way more productive and were much higher blocked. If it were to mitigate furloughs, why was March's schedules so much better than Aprils?

March has some very unproductive lines as well. We deadheaded 2 legs in a row last week. We flew a crew to their overnight only to deadhead back to ATL and deadhead again. The inefficiency of some of these trips is laughable and anytime you deadhead 2 times back to back, it shows that someone doesn't know what they're doing in line production. Especially when it results in booting revenue pax.

Here's and idea:

-Fire SH and things will get better! Every time they let that moron jack with the lines, things always get worse!!!!!

-Hit the bricks, Scott-we need to see you leave to "spend more time with family."

-A-Hole!

THINGS YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW--but didn't

I was also suprised that there are more Cpt lines vs FO lines(412 vs 386 or so) for the same airplane(50). I've been here 5 years and I don't think I've ever seen that.

412-386=26
A number of these Captains are Line Check Airmen.
Line Check Airmen usually bid as Captains. With this new contract, the Company can withhold the lines awarded to these Captains from the First Officers bidding on the lines that these Check Airman have been awarded, for the purposes of Checking activities. That way, they don't have to remove a F/O from the trip to conduct these training activities and pay them to sit at home.

However, a number of these Captains are pilots that were not displaced back to F/O's. Why? Because they will be needed in the near future and it would not have been cost effective to have downgraded them, just to turn around and have to upgrade them again for the summer flying.

Thus, this explains the disparity in the number of Captain lines and F/O lines.:cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back