Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Anyone else RIFing these 1.5L waters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA Anyone else RIFing these 1.5L waters? Does anyone actually like these things? Maybe for the hotel, but with our type of flying they suck! Its nice to get on a plane with a 1/2 full bottle on the flight deck and then throw it out because you don't know who took a tug on that thing!

Now I know why they aren't responding to my rifs about important issues. They are to busy dealing with your worthless ones.

Ise uses duh haf emtee bottles ta fill ma bong at dee hotel.......
Bouyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

Now I know why they aren't responding to my rifs about important issues. They are to busy dealing with your worthless ones.

Actually based on your well thought out response it would seem more likely that they are just sick of hearing from you.

On a customer service side of the water bottles how is this better? We can no longer hand out water when they get on the airplane for the 28 min flight to where ever. Or how about when you know there is going to be weather ahead and the FA isn't going to be able to do a full service? They used to be able to at least hand out water.

I'm not bitching about these things just because I don't like them up front. That is the least of my worry.

Well, if I remember correctly, we used to do it that way at ASA when I flew the Brasilia there. It was fine, and even gave us the chance to make tea or lemonade. It's also the way we do it at my current airline, no one seems to mind a bit.

Iced tea and lemonade is easier to make when the bottle the water comes in is bigger.

-Brett

Are we bitching about water bottles now

Miniature Dasani bottles are not cheap. We handed out thousands and thousands a day. It adds up to a lot, and it was wasteful, as much as I liked the mini bottles.

Getting big bottles and serving water in cups is going to save a lot of money. One of these big bottles lasts me an entire trip. It's a hassle carrying it around but that's what the cabin trash bags are for.

Choose your battles wisely.

Now we're going through thousands and thousands of cups. That are not resealable and prone to spillage. As a passenger in the back, I much preferred the bottle. On the flight deck, it's not as big a deal.

Actually based on your well thought out response it would seem more likely that they are just sick of hearing from you.

On a customer service side of the water bottles how is this better? We can no longer hand out water when they get on the airplane for the 28 min flight to where ever. Or how about when you know there is going to be weather ahead and the FA isn't going to be able to do a full service? They used to be able to at least hand out water.

I'm not bitching about these things just because I don't like them up front. That is the least of my worry.

Unwad your panties there buddy. It obviously saves money since all the other airlines do it. Someone in charge of something decided the savings was worth the hassle for the passengers and FA. Besides, the service the passengers receive when they get to atlanta will make them forget all about the fact that they had to go 28 minutes without water.

Iced Tea? Drop a couple of tea bags in there....let sit for a few minutes...remove tea bags......sweeten as necessary....dispose of tea bags in garbage.
I prefer the crystal light packets myself...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back