Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Anyone else RIFing these 1.5L waters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

Does anyone actually like these things? Maybe for the hotel, but with our type of flying they suck! Its nice to get on a plane with a 1/2 full bottle on the flight deck and then throw it out because you don't know who took a tug on that thing!

I would think most people are using cups if they are leaving the half-empty bottle. If they are taking tugs off it then they take it with them.

RIF: "My FO was enjoying his 1.5L of bottled water when we were issued a traffic alert by ATC and simultaneously received a TA on TCAS. Given the over-sized nature of the bottle, unfortunately, reference to the horizon was lost entirely as the FO took a sip. Caught off guard by the alert, the FO fumbled with the large bottle in an attempt to gain visual reference to the conflicting aircraft. Frantically, he tried maneuvering the bottle under the glare shield, over the yoke, through the headrest, around the thrust levers, but no amount of maneuvering could evacuate the water bottle from our field of vision in time for us to gain visual contact with the aircraft. We're not sure how close we came but that VSI sure was red.”

-Brett

Are we bitching about water bottles now

Miniature Dasani bottles are not cheap. We handed out thousands and thousands a day. It adds up to a lot, and it was wasteful, as much as I liked the mini bottles.

Getting big bottles and serving water in cups is going to save a lot of money. One of these big bottles lasts me an entire trip. It's a hassle carrying it around but that's what the cabin trash bags are for.

Choose your battles wisely.

I took a swig off a 1/2 bottle that was found on the flight deck.

The next day, I had a large, painful, oozing herpetic pustule on my lower lip.

Don't do it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back