ASA and returning from leave

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Meiguy

Anyone know if you were on the 200 when you go out on medical leave do you have to requal back on the 200? Or can you bid over to the 700 when you come back assuming you can hold it?

Thanks

You would have to have bid it and been awarded it during your leave. Otherwise you should be returning to your original position, because they can't just open up a vacancy on an aircraft for one person, without putting it up for bid.

Anyone know if you were on the 200 when you go out on medical leave do you have to requal back on the 200? Or can you bid over to the 700 when you come back assuming you can hold it?

Thanks

If you never bid and were awarded a new position when you were on Medical Leave, then you will return to your same position.

Regarding training, if you returned within 18 months of your last training event, then you can go through an abreviated course to re-qualify. If you were gone longer than 18 months since your last training event, then you have to go through the full course, and possibly indoc.

Welcome back so that you can resume "living the dream"!

If you have further questions, PM me and if I can't answer them, I will get the answer for you or tell you who to call.

Last edited:
ASA and returning from leave

Thanks
Just a heads up, while you were gone they changed the name of the company! ;)

(P.S. Maybe the new name will start sticking, if the only time we're allowed to say the name of our company out loud, the hotel staff doesn't respond, "Who? Oh, ASA!")

BTW. The abbreviated course is ONE DAY in the sim. If you are good to go super-pilot, then you will be signed off for your PC/AQP whatever it is after a leave.

I went ahead and told them on day one not to expect much and to plan a second day. I was all over the place. They didn't even blink....just scheduled another day in the sim.

However, by the end of the day I felt better. I was ready after the second day. It comes back FAST.

Also Mike McClean (sp) is your friend. He is the most helpful person to speak with. You will get NEW Jepps from him if you request them. He is the ONLY person at A-Tech who answers his phone.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back