• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 900 Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you are but what am I?!?....What, are we five now? Grow up.
Ha, I was joking around with you! Lighten up Francis! I would think that a sense of humor would go along with SJS!

Here's the plan for now:
In the next week and a half, ASA will try to give as many instructors and reserve pilots as possible 2 touch and go's in the actual aircraft, probably in Huntsville. When the 900 starts flying the line next month, every 700 line should have at least one round trip scheduled for the 900. An instructor will bump the FO (sorry guys) for those legs, for the benefit of the captain. FO's will have to wait for a normal leg with their normal captain later.

Supposedly the training requirement comes not from the FAA, but from Brad Holt, who thought a program like this would have been beneficial at Skywest. Kudos once again to Brad for looking out for the pilots, even at some expense to the company.

I've now flown the 900, and it is a very nice airplane. N131EV is rigged absolutely perfectly. It does fly somewhat differently than the 700; most guys agreed that it feels heavier, a little more sluggish with flight control reaction, but it climbs like a raped ape. The landing is not much different, but some thought the mains touched a little sooner than expected (which makes sense).

The cabin is very nice. Larger windows, all LED lighting, a new seat design that is actually quite comfortable, closet space for the first class pax, and that 'new plane smell'!

For those who were wondering, you can see under the N number that it says N6??LR.

Also, it's possible it could make it's first revenue flight anytime after next Friday, when we are scheduled for final FAA approval. It's exciting that ASA is finally getting a cool new airplane!

Cool new airplane? Dude, are you serious? What's with all these gay ASA "9" threads lately? First it was about the delivery flight, then about a group ride to find out how to flare the 9 and now the training schedules? Do you guys have some kind of intracompany pilot board?

I think that the original post was meant as flame bait.

Cool new airplane? Dude, are you serious? What's with all these gay ASA "9" threads lately? First it was about the delivery flight, then about a group ride to find out how to flare the 9 and now the training schedules? Do you guys have some kind of intracompany pilot board?

Dude?? God you're cool!!. If the title of the thread has ASA in it and you're not interested, don't read it. Thats not too hard for you too understand is it?

Is it against pilot man laws or something to think a new RJ, or ANY plane for that matter, is cool? I'm sure we didn't become professional pilots because we hate airplanes....

That broad in your avatar has a huge as$!

I am with CX880 all these ASA 900 threads are getting a bit much. Its like listening to a bunch of teenage girls giggling about justin timberlake or whoever the hell they like these days. Its great and all that you are getting a new airframe but no matter how you slice it a larger airframe at a regional is never a good thing.

Last edited:
I am with CX880 all these ASA 900 threads are getting a bit much. Its like listening to a bunch of teenage girls giggling about justin timberlake or whoever the hell they like these days. Its great and all that you are getting a new airframe but no matter how you slice it a larger airframe at a regional is never a good thing.

I wish ASA had its own board, but since it doesn't, you'll just have to ignore all the ASA threads. Deal with it. I started this thread with a great deal of flight info (imagine that) that was up to that point unknown to the ASA pilots, and obviously of interest to many. To hijack a thread that doesn't interest or concern you, especially just to say it doesn't interest or concern you, is a sign of some other deep-seated psychological problems, but you can get help for that.

Latest resources

Back